Bridge to 10K

Options
Does anyone use this program? where can i find some info on it? all i can find is apps for phones, which i don't want to use, since i don't use my phone when i'm running...

Replies

• emily27uk
    emily27uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this, what is it? I am doing a 10K in July.

EDIT
    I just googled it and found this:
    Each workout includes a 5 minute warmup walk and 5 minute cooldown walk

Week 1 Duration: 53 min.
    Run 10 min/walk 1 min Repeat x 4.

Week 2 Duration: 57 min.
    Run 15 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 3.

Week 3 Duration: 63 min.
    Run 17 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 3.

Week 4 Duration: 66 min.
    Run 18 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 3.

Week 5 Day 1: Duration: 55 min. Run 22 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 2.Day 2: Duration: 61 min. Run 25 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 2.Day 3: Duration: 71 min. Run 30 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 2.

Week 6 Duration: 70 min.
    Run 60 min.
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't get stuck in the idea that you have to run the entire 60 minutes even during the race. I did 6 miles over the weekend. I ran the first mile at about a 9min 20 sec pace. For the next 4 miles I ran the same pace but did a 1 min walk break after each 4 min run. I then ran the last mile or so. I still finished the 2 whole 6 miles in just over 60 minutes. I know thats not a fast pace but it helps to lessen the likliehood of injury and lets you cover more distance. Check out Jeff Galloway's books and website.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i'm not actually anywhere near the 10k race point yet...i just ran my first 5k last weekend and am looking for ways to increase my running endurance (with intervals)...i found the C25k program prepped me to run for 30 minutes straight, but i took 38 minutes to run the 5k, so i wasn't quite prepared for that...