Addicted to PROCESSED FOODS!!

Options
13»

Replies

• geokatjen
    geokatjen Posts: 11
    Options
    I am like some of the other responders. Do not buy and definitely don't have in the house. FInd something that tastes good that isn't super bad and you won't eat a whole bunch, like healthier chocolate milk (low in sugar and fat....) or yogurt. Possibly having a bit of the treat in the evening to look forward to but that doesn't throw your diet out of whack is the key. Good luck!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I haven't and have no desire to completely eliminate these items from my diet. I know if I do I will not stay on track. I budget them into my daily calories, by 100 calorie packs (or separate them into serving size baggies) and allow myself to have them once in a while. I found that once I stopped trying to cut them out I didn't crave them as much.

I have drastically reduced my consumption of processed foods but my reality is that they will always be a part of my life so I found it was better to learn how to live with them and still stay on track

Ditto! It's too harsh to cut them out and in my opinion too unrealistic unless you can afford an organic, natural diet. I know I can't! That stuff's expensive. I also portion snacks out and limit myself. Also I stopped telling myself that they're BAD! They're not that bad when you're just having a portion. PORTION CONTROL!! ;o))) I LOVE the 100 calorie packs and as far as craskers and chips I try to get the whole grain items to be SLIGHTLY better.