The Law of Attraction

Options
Anyone use this concept to help loose weight? If so please share.:wink:

How does law of attraction work in relation to weight loss?

In the simplest terms, Law of Attraction states that like attracts like and whatever thoughts and feelings you focus on the the most will literally determine your future. But how can law of attraction weight loss work?

You will find that the law of attraction has been working for you and every other person in this world since the beginning of time and it is only recently that education about its incredible power has become readily available to the general public.

So how can the Law of Attraction can help someone to lose weight? It is quite simple really, all they need to do is think about it. In fact without even knowing about it, most people really do not think about what they want but they think more about the fact that they do not have it. So by going back to the definition of Law of Attraction, you will see that the reason why people do not have the things that they want, is simply because all they ever do is think about NOT having them.

Unfortunately this same concept applies to weight loss just as it applies to everything else, and although a lot of people want to lose weight, they would rather think about how miserable they are because they have not lost the weight, rather than the wonderful life they will have once they're thinner.

Again let us refer back to the Law of Attraction. If you think you are miserable, sad, guilty or have low self esteem then the Law of Attraction will bring you more things to be miserable about rather than good things. In fact the more miserable you are about something, for example, weight loss, then the more powerfully you will attract more of the same since that is where you are focusing your thoughts.

Utilizing the power of the Law of Attraction for weight loss, you simply stop thinking about your situation in the negative manner and start having positive thoughts instead. As you can imagine, this is more difficult than it sounds, just ask anyone who's tried it. To be truly successful as many others are, you need the help of proper tools that allow you to automate the law of attraction as much as possible. There is no doubt the law works, it's simply a matter of taking advantage of the available tools to make it easier.

*** EDITED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE ADVERTISEMENT

Replies

• emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Anyone use this concept to help loose weight? If so please share.:wink:

How does law of attraction work in relation to weight loss?

In the simplest terms, Law of Attraction states that like attracts like and whatever thoughts and feelings you focus on the the most will literally determine your future. But how can law of attraction weight loss work?

You will find that the law of attraction has been working for you and every other person in this world since the beginning of time and it is only recently that education about its incredible power has become readily available to the general public.

So how can the Law of Attraction can help someone to lose weight? It is quite simple really, all they need to do is think about it. In fact without even knowing about it, most people really do not think about what they want but they think more about the fact that they do not have it. So by going back to the definition of Law of Attraction, you will see that the reason why people do not have the things that they want, is simply because all they ever do is think about NOT having them.

Unfortunately this same concept applies to weight loss just as it applies to everything else, and although a lot of people want to lose weight, they would rather think about how miserable they are because they have not lost the weight, rather than the wonderful life they will have once they're thinner.

Again let us refer back to the Law of Attraction. If you think you are miserable, sad, guilty or have low self esteem then the Law of Attraction will bring you more things to be miserable about rather than good things. In fact the more miserable you are about something, for example, weight loss, then the more powerfully you will attract more of the same since that is where you are focusing your thoughts.

Utilizing the power of the Law of Attraction for weight loss, you simply stop thinking about your situation in the negative manner and start having positive thoughts instead. As you can imagine, this is more difficult than it sounds, just ask anyone who's tried it. To be truly successful as many others are, you need the help of proper tools that allow you to automate the law of attraction as much as possible. There is no doubt the law works, it's simply a matter of taking advantage of the available tools to make it easier.

*** EDITED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE ADVERTISEMENT
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I tend to feel that 75% of this kind of thing is accurate, though a lot of people focus on material aspects of the LOA.

Buddha said, "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world."

Of course, he said this in a completely different language, but you get the idea.

How I have been applying it is to think of myself as a person who no longer has a problem staying within my calories and thinking of myself as an active person who will burn off excess calories whenever possible as long as it's in a positive way.

So far, it's working, though I only recently started shifting my thinking this way.

I would amend that article to say not to think about losing weight so much as to think about becoming healthier every day, because we just might be doing that even if the scales don't budge.
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Have you ever read the book, or seen the movie, "The Secret" This is the very same concept. I think positive thinking has alot to do with anything that we do in life. We should never speak negative of ourselves, or anything we do. It does have a mental impact on how you operate. Although I loved the movie The Secret, I was not fond of how it always referred to the "universe" because I believe everything comes from GOD. If you would like another powerful motivation, listen to the "Power of Words" by Joel Osteen. It is wonderful, and is the same concept.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I use it everyday....or at least try my best. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23524-has-anyone-read-the-secret
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do know that The Secret is the same concept as The Law of Attraction. It's a great concept to live by.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I worked as a counselor for over 30 years and the concept of "act as if'" was something I taught a lot. "Act as if" falls in with the teachings of The Secret and The Law Of Attraction and basically states that 'what you believe is what you receive'. A story I often used to illustrate this was one of a young boy learning to be a trapeze artist. The first time he stood up there on the platform, he looked down at the loonnnggg way to the ground, looked across at the looonnnggg way across to the other platform and stood there, utterly unable to move at all from fear. The wise old teacher leaned over, whispered in the lad's ear and the next thing you know, the boy was flying through the air with the greatest of ease. When asked what the teacher said that got the boy moving, he smiled and said "throw your mind over the bar and your body will follow". You believe that you can't do it? Yup, you're correct. You believe that you will have to suffer and sacrifice and struggle to get to where you want to go? Yes, you will. Dare you believe that you CAN succeed and WILL achieve? Well....guess what? YOU ARE RIGHT, YOU WILL! "Act as if" and watch what happens :)
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    So I think...so I am.

So we think...so we are.

MFP

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I use it everyday....or at least try my best. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23524-has-anyone-read-the-secret

Yes, yes, YES! I do the same! I read it back in March/April and that is when I started practicing it. This was also the last time I had gone to the Dr. and was weighed. I didn't actually start going to the gym until June 23 (was saving up to buy a year membership outright). In the meantime, I hadn't weighed myself at all. Well, guess what! My first weigh-in at the gym, I had lost 14lbs. and didn't even know it. I totally give credit to the way I started thinking back in the spring and The Secret. I've been working on my vision board too! You really do have to believe in it whole-heartedly, but I've seen it work and working!