Anything But Yogurt and Granola

Options
pjbercot
pjbercot Posts: 30 Member
For breakfast I generally have yogurt with frozen fruit mixed with some granola. For a snack during the day I generally have some yogurt and a granola bar. Any suggestions for different snacks for the day. I crave Salts more than sweets but try not to eat a ton of unwanted carbs.

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Cheese and crackers
    Greek yogurt
    veggies and dip/hummus
    popcorn
    piece of fruit
    tortilla chips and salsa

....anything in moderation
  • michelle2808
    Options
    try kellogs thin crisp either sea salt or sour cream and onion....it's like a chip but lower on everything else and they taste good!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sliced cucumber sprinkled with a touch of salt and pepper. I also like 100 calorie pack of Mr. Salty (chocolate covered pretzels)...it cures my sweet and salty fix at the same time. Special K 90 calorie snack bars (again, chocolately pretzel is delicious) are good, but they may be too similar to granola bars if you are trying to stay away from that. Also, low fat cottage cheese (instead of yogurt) with some fresh cut fruit. Maybe even a serving of almonds would be a good substitute for a snack.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like a serving of reduced fat triscuits, a couple Laughing Cow light cheese wedges in whichever flavor I happen to grab out of the box, and a serving of turkey pepperoni.
    All adds up to about 260 Calories 25C, 10F, 16P

Which is less carbs than a 4oz serving of yogurt with a plum
  • cravegod
    cravegod Posts: 7
    Options
    try savory for breakfast.... egg omelet... boiled egg... nuts (in moderation, or course).. i love salsa and celery as a snack when I am craving crisp and salty.
  • sparklypoof
    sparklypoof Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    almonds are a great snack (and blue diamond makes them in some yummy flavors if you're looking for something beyond just almond-flavor ;).

I like fresh apple slices or a banana with peanut butter as a snack, and chiming in to agree on the veggies + hummus - MMM!! :d