Starting over.....again

Options
woofus
woofus Posts: 17 Member
Hi everyone,

I was introduced to this site yesterday by my doctor. I've done been on WW several times with success but always fall off the wagon. I know it's my own fault and just really need to truly change my eating habits. 2 years ago I was down to 152 pounds and feeling really great. Yesterday I weighed in at 198 and am pretty disgusted with myself. I'm a 5'10 47 year old woman am am ready to get my act together with this help of this site and the support tools available. I love that it is free and offers pretty much the same type of info as WW.

So here we go.... :)

W

Replies

• howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend - we can support each other.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you want some extra support, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, I have been on here for about a year now and recommend it! All the best
  • Stormywinter
    Stormywinter Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

This is a great site and there are a lot of people that help with support and motivation. You can join in on challenges if that would help to motivate you. I am starting over myself, I had lost 30lbs a few years ago and gained 20lbs back. I started with myfitnesspal a while back but stopped about a month ago and gained back the 5lbs I had gained due to family troubles. I hope you do well on your journey to a healthier and happier you. You can add me as a friend and we can help support each other. Good luck!
  • lilfoo
    lilfoo Posts: 8
    Options
    I know. I am in a similar situation. I do well for a while, but then something happens... I do not know what, and then its over. I always manage to gain back whatever I have lost- and then a few more.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    You won't regret joining MFP. This is a great site. Be sure to get lots of friends, but not too many. You want to be able to interact with your friends and really participate in their journies.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    What's your eating plan? Choose one currently bad eating habit and change it -- replace a "normal" food with something healthier and lower in calories.
    What's your exercise plan?

I'm on the 17-Day Diet, and I honestly suggest reading the book before you get too far into it. It will help to focus your efforts and build better habits without discomfort.
  • alesi_79
    alesi_79 Posts: 23
    Options
    Great!... I wish you success!!!
  • katieb63
    katieb63 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I am also 47 and went from 240 lb to 140 lb on WW and then let it all come back arrgghh!

So am starting all over again only now I have to get from 265 lb.

Hope all goes well.
  • mickeymousedl
    Options
    I to have lost and gained lost and gained on WW.