So glad to be here!

clewliss
clewliss Posts: 640 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Greetings everyone!

I am so glad that I found this site! I need to lose about 40lbs, but I have set my goals 5lbs at a time. At best I can figure, I should be there by April of next year! I tend to struggle because of my busy schedule with 3 kids in sports (on the run all the time) and grabbing food at the local fast food chains. I try to eat as healthy as I can when eating out, but i fail so often! I am at my biggest weight ever at 192 lbs and i can't stand myself right now. The thought controls me every minute of the day. How do you get your mind off of it??? Once I get going, I think I will be okay. I have navigated the site and love everything about it so far. It's very simple and that's what I need. The exercise shouldn't be a problem since I have a treadmill and elliptical machine and also my husband runs daily, so I walk while he runs. I just need to monitor my food better! Well, congratulations to all who are losing and i'll be around to report my losses shortly:happy:

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Greetings everyone!

I am so glad that I found this site! I need to lose about 40lbs, but I have set my goals 5lbs at a time. At best I can figure, I should be there by April of next year! I tend to struggle because of my busy schedule with 3 kids in sports (on the run all the time) and grabbing food at the local fast food chains. I try to eat as healthy as I can when eating out, but i fail so often! I am at my biggest weight ever at 192 lbs and i can't stand myself right now. The thought controls me every minute of the day. How do you get your mind off of it??? Once I get going, I think I will be okay. I have navigated the site and love everything about it so far. It's very simple and that's what I need. The exercise shouldn't be a problem since I have a treadmill and elliptical machine and also my husband runs daily, so I walk while he runs. I just need to monitor my food better! Well, congratulations to all who are losing and i'll be around to report my losses shortly:happy:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Hey there clewliss! (cute name, btw)

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place :) The tools here are fab and the people are even more fantastic, so you'll find lots of support, encouragement and suggestions along the way.

We're all here to help and many can relate how they've handled their food in similar busy situations. We're glad to have you! :flowerforyou:

Best of luck on your goals (I like the idea of breaking them up into small 5lb goals at a time, makes it seem so much more attainable -- baby steps and chunks!)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

The thought of my weight floods my mind a lot of the day as well, but I try to overpower it by thinking about what I'm going to do that day to change it, as in my meals and exercise. It helps!
  • Welcome and best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.