Need help getting motivated

So for about two weeks I was awesome at using MFP. Now - well, not so much. I've kind of slacked off. While I was using it on a daily basis I felt awesome and was losing about a pound a day (not that I expect to continue to that) and I was really conscience of what I was eating and how much. Well, life just sort of sneaks up on you. I had my daughter's 1st birthday party this past weekend and my voice recital this coming weekend and then a wedding the weekend after that followed by God knows what then. I don't want these events to become excuses for me not working hard.

I currently weight about 194. I want to weigh 140. I was a rower in college and I was a dancer from 3rd grade all the way to 23. So, I used to be really small and muscular. I use to weigh 120 and loved how I looked at that weight. But I'm older now. I've had two babies and two c-sections within three years. I need to stop using the excuse that I don't have time. I work at a company that is very health oriented. They provide a gym and even different incentives for a a healthy lifestyle (i.e. insurance discounts, both health and life.) They provide us with all the fruit we could hope to eat and always sponser events like half-marathons and 5k's. I have NO EXCUSE!!! I could use my lunch hour to work out. Or at least part of it and have a working lunch.

I guess what I need is motivation. A kick in the butt. Someone to help keep me accountable. Please friend me if yoy could help me stay focused!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I'll help you if you help me!
  • Me too. I'll help you if you help me to get motivated again
  • wakeman1
    wakeman1 Posts: 6
    I know where you are coming from, I was doing good for about 2-3 months then I fell off the wagon too. I am recently moving and have the stress of that, plus I had a very dear and close family member of mine pass away. If you will help me out, I will help you. You can always add me as a friend. After I move, I plan on getting back on track. But before then, I am going to start walking on my breaks at work.
  • jebryant
    jebryant Posts: 1
    I so hear you!! I actually took a month off and did not lose anything. I almost gave up and then I realized that I am not doing this for anybody but myself. I started back up today and feel great!!!! You can do this!!!! I have 4 kids and had 4 c-sections in 5-6 years. I know how that goes. My kids are swuper busy and I just let myself get swept along with it. However I know that when I feel better from taking care of myself my kids notice I am much happier!!!!!!!!!:smooched:
  • Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!