Geeky tattoos

Options
2»

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    A classic Star Trek insignia tattoo is my reward when I lose all my weight.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have my avatar from Everquest (one in starting armor, one in epic armor) on either side of four massive books with my degrees/dates on them on my full upper arm - I have always been hesitant to post them online for fear of ending up on someone's wtf list ;-)

here's the link to the pics during the color phase (was done in three phases):
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.49750461042.83549.611311042&l=782b270d0a
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have my avatar from Everquest (one in starting armor, one in epic armor) on either side of four massive books with my degrees/dates on them on my full upper arm - I have always been hesitant to post them online for fear of ending up on someone's wtf list ;-)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.49750461042.83549.611311042&l=782b270d0a

Awesome idea!

I know what you mean about being afraid of ending up on a "wtf" list. It took forever for me to post my Doctor Who sleeve anywhere but Facebook. Now, I realize it's part of me and just because some may think I'm an idiot/loser/etc, I don't really care. I did it for myself and I love it, that's all that matters in the end. :)
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have 2 and want to get more... I have a rose on my thigh.. i got that at 35 yo, and last year for my 49 i got a buddha with the word "Karma on my forearm love them !!!!!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I applaud the Harry Potter one but I have to admit that aesthetically it does nothing for me. A friend of a friend has the most amazing Dark Mark on his forearm, which is almost tempting! I'd quite like to get the Seal of Rassilon incorporated somewhere into my current tats...but first I need to get my back finished off!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!

I know what you mean about being afraid of ending up on a "wtf" list. It took forever for me to post my Doctor Who sleeve anywhere but Facebook. Now, I realize it's part of me and just because some may think I'm an idiot/loser/etc, I don't really care. I did it for myself and I love it, that's all that matters in the end. :)

I peeked at your profile and checked out the pics - really nice work !! =)
    And I agree, it is 100% for me - and in the end that's all that matters
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I would be proud to make someone's WTF list, but that's just me.

Love the tat's
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Those are funny! I have 8 tats but need like 8 more,at least lol no "geeky" ones just normal o'l boring ones...
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!

I peeked at your profile and checked out the pics - really nice work !! =)
    And I agree, it is 100% for me - and in the end that's all that matters

Thanks! ♥
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've promised myself a full back tattoo once I've lost my fat. I'm getting close to the weight I promised I could have my first consultation and I'm getting excited. I want a stained glass window with a few geometric patterns with a basis in math formula.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    love The idea of getting Karma
    but plan to get buddhist symbol for love and lotus flower soon
    not so geeky.....sorry skipped topics here
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    These tats are fueling my tattoo addiction. My husband has told me "NO MORE", but I really want my husband and I to get matching... 'Veritas Aequitas' tattoos. (Boondock Saints anyone?), my husband's and my favorite movie. I want the 'veritas' and I want him to get the 'Aequitas'. Plus, my name has a meaning of 'truth' (Veritas) and he is a police officer so justice (aequitas) would be appropriate.

I want this going down the side on my right ribcage.

th_veritas.jpg
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    A friend of a friend has the most amazing Dark Mark on his forearm, which is almost tempting!

I was just thinking about that tattoo the other day. I bet it looks super cool, but one day it's going to be like the regretful Pearl Jam tattoo I got when I was 18. That guy is suddenly going to realize that a ton of people have it. Although, it'll be fellow HP geeks instead of frat boy douchbags. So I guess that's ok. I recently saw that my 17 year old cousin got "D.A." tattooed on her neck. My first reaction was "OH MY GOD! Are those her boyfriend's initials?!" Then I realized those are her mom's intials. I was just confused and thinking, "WTF?!" Finally, my sister, after seeing me stare at my cousin with a look of confusion, leaned over to me and said, "Dumbledore's Army."