weight loss but no inch loss

Options
82song
82song Posts: 30 Member
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same- Ive lost 10lbs so far, but my clothes fit the same, my inch measurement round my waist and neck are the same, and on my hips ive put on 1 inch! I thought it might be my scales playing tricks on me, but I checked on another scale and my weight loss is right

sooooo confused.com!!! hehe

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    There's a good chance, especially if you're doing resistance/weight training, that you've put on some muscle. Generally, muscle builds under the fat and can push it out, making you look the same for a while.

Keep going. Take an extra look at your daily activity. Have a good balance of resistance and cardio, and things should start slimming down soon.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring all body parts? Go to My Home>>Check-In and measure all parts listed there. My first 10lb. loss came mostly off my chest. :cry: Some off the waist and thighs (lots of squats!). Also, it's very difficult to measure in the exact same spot every time. Just keep plugging away and you will see your measurements change.
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Over the last 8 weeks, I lost 15 pounds, but only 1 inch around my waist. I've noticed that I go back & forth - I lose weight, then I lose inches, then back to losing weight & so on. Yes, you need the cardio to burn the fat, but do strength training/toning for help with that aspect. Stronger & more muscle burns more fat. It's a roller coaster in a matter of speaking, but not an up & down; more of a back & forth.

Just keep doing what you're doing...in the end, it WILL balance out.
  • bragz
    bragz Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm with ya. Lost 23 lbs (240 to 217) and I've lost a little off my waist. Maybe and inch. I took pics when I started and took some new ones last week and I look the same. My face is skinnier but that's about it. I've been doing mostly cardio with some lifting here and there.

I just look at it this way. The fat is coming off somewhere. The scale don't lie. Eventually I have to notice a difference and those parts that I really want the fat gone from are gonna be under attack soon enough.

Just hang in there and don't get discouraged.
  • 82song
    82song Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, the tips were useful. I've added the other measurements. and well done to you all for getting closer to yuor goals!

I mostly cycle everyday for 30 mins on an exercise bike, and I walk for 40min- 1hr about 4 times a week. Ive only just started using dumbells, although I'm ashamed to say I actually don'r know what counts as strength exercise!