Raw milk question

Options
Is it possible to get a lower fat version of raw milk, even fat free? The main reason why I'm asking is that I have never liked the taste of most milk, even 1%.

Replies

• King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant so I drink Mootopia Fat Free Milk....not sure if it's available in your area though.
  • glenna221
    glenna221 Posts: 46
    Options
    if you don't like milk - then why drink it?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Raw milk is hard to find. I found it at a dairy near me and I don't think it's possible to get reduced fat raw milk.
  • lajuana27
    lajuana27 Posts: 13
    Options
    You should try rice milk (organic) or almond milk. My daughter only drinks rice milk, she won't go back to cow's milk (says the rice milk tastes much better).

Plus, both products last much longer. I drink either one, but I'm partial to rice milk.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I don't like milk - so I don't drink it. I do buy it for cereal, but that's it. I get my protein/calcium from yogurt which I like - go figure, I know it makes no sense.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Raw milk can have bacteria still in it that can cause serious illness. Not super common, but that's why they started pasteurizing milk in the first place.

If you dislike milk, find your calcium in other sources. Fat free yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese, hard cheese (in moderation), etc, are good sources of dairy. Some people are perfectly fine with no dairy at all. Just make sure to get your calcium and Vitamins A & D from other sources (natural sources are best!)
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to get a lower fat version of raw milk, even fat free? The main reason why I'm asking is that I have never liked the taste of most milk, even 1%.
    The idea of raw milk is that it's unprocessed, unpasteurized, which means you get the full fat content - close to 4%. To reduce the fat, you have to process - or skim off the fat.

Try another source - rice, almond, soy or even goats milk to find one that is palatable for you.