Kale Chip Substitute?

Options
CassieLEO
CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
Ok, so ive been DYING to make Kale chips, but for some unknown reason, for TWO weeks I have been unable to find Kale. I was wondering if I can substitute regular Green cabbage and make them into the chips and bake those? Anyone??? LOL!!

Replies

• turkeydawg
    turkeydawg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A substitue I have found is Suzie Chung's Seaweed snacks. I really like the fact that they are already package in such a way I can take them anywhere - and they are VERY filling - and only 60 cals per package.

Of course my wife and kids can't stand the smell when I open a package - but they didn't like it when I dry the Kale chips either!

Hope this helps,

t/d
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    For those of you having success making kale chips................are you using flat leafed kale (which I can't find) or the regular curly leafed stuff? I"m having trouble achieving anything that's really "chip-like".....I'm wondering if it's because of the kind of kale I'm using. Wondering if the flat leafed would work better?????
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use the curly leaf kale which is sold next to the leafy lettuce at my supermarket. Here is a link for the recipe I use for my kale chips.....

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Kale-Chips/Detail.aspx
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I didn't realize i was supposed to cut out the center stalk part. I might try them again, but if the third time ISN'T the charm..............I'm done! LOL