Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Two things, ladies--

Marla64
Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Gentleman, this is a-- ahem-- feminine discussion about to commence, no offense intended--

First-- woot, woot-- weigh in today, and although it is "that time" I have not registered any weight gain. Translation, when all is said and done and my time is over, I will have actually realized a weight loss, I do believe-- so, yipppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Secondly-- wondering if any of you have noticed a restore to normal cycles once you began losing weight. Three months ago I was WAYYYYYYY bloated, incredibly hormonal and felt awful and my period was weird and a month long.

22 pounds later, this cycle (and my last one, also) were totally normal. Maybe it's just my age and the nature of whacky hormones. Curious if anyone else has noticed a difference.

Replies

• Marla64
    Gentleman, this is a-- ahem-- feminine discussion about to commence, no offense intended--

First-- woot, woot-- weigh in today, and although it is "that time" I have not registered any weight gain. Translation, when all is said and done and my time is over, I will have actually realized a weight loss, I do believe-- so, yipppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Secondly-- wondering if any of you have noticed a restore to normal cycles once you began losing weight. Three months ago I was WAYYYYYYY bloated, incredibly hormonal and felt awful and my period was weird and a month long.

22 pounds later, this cycle (and my last one, also) were totally normal. Maybe it's just my age and the nature of whacky hormones. Curious if anyone else has noticed a difference.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,699 Member
    My periods used to be really heavy and some times the cramps were unbearable. When I started exercising faithfully last year they got lighter and even my hormones and cramps balanced out more. :smile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    I hope with the removal of a rather large cyst on my ovary and faithful excercise/healthy eating, that my hormones and TOM will balance out. It's been pretty crappy!!

:flowerforyou:
    Yay for you!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    I noticed the same thing! My cycle used to be long, and I would get so tender in the chest area (as in touch-me-and-I-will-sock-you tender.)

Since I'm taken my vitamins more-or-less faithfully (and my fish oil), plus getting healthier - TOM is hardly a blip on my radar....:drinker: :drinker: Woot-woot!
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Mine are much lighter and shorter than before. I don't know all the reasons why but its like that with athletes too, i know a lot of girls (like the olympic type) won't get it at all when they're in training, something to do with hormones and probaly body fat as well.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    I like to think it has helped mine. I would have them every 2 weeks to 3months and they'd last 3-14days. Just started BC a month ago though per doctors orders to help with regularity, but she thinks it's attributed to my hyperthyroidism. Eating healither helped them become lighter and a little shorter before the BC though.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    I totally think working out and eating better have contributed incredibly to a better PMS situation. I haven't gained as much water weight as before and it's back on schedule like it used to be. I never had a really bad Period, and it has never really been a long one either. But the exercise has helped soooo much!
  • cre13
    cre13 Posts: 68
    As a matter-of-fact, I hadn't had my "time of the month" since January 13th. It's normal for me to go months at a time without having a visit from "Aunt Flo". I started my new lifestyle change last Wednesday on August 20th. Saturday August 23rd in the evening, VOILA! It's baaaack! I couldn't believe it! 7 1/2 months without one and all of a sudden it comes back. Coincidence? I don't think so! :wink:
  • I used to get really horrible cramps(like, rolling around on the floor holding my stomach waiting for the advil to kick in kinda painful :laugh: ) but I barely noticed them since I've started exercising regularly.

I haven't noticed any change in my cycle length. Though, I normally have a consistanly 34 day cycle, and last month it was 40! It had me scared for a few days, lol.
  • Marla64
    As a matter-of-fact, I hadn't had my "time of the month" since January 13th. It's normal for me to go months at a time without having a visit from "Aunt Flo". I started my new lifestyle change last Wednesday on August 20th. Saturday August 23rd in the evening, VOILA! It's baaaack! I couldn't believe it! 7 1/2 months without one and all of a sudden it comes back. Coincidence? I don't think so! :wink:

No, I don't think so, either-- God bless you on your journey, and congrats on your loss!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.