smoothie recipes?

Options
I am looking for good smoothie recipes. The only criteria is I have a nut allergy so nothing with nuts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• llm12
    llm12 Posts: 49
    Options
    I assume you mean fruit smoothies? I know this one doesn't have fruit, but it tastes amazing AND it keeps me full! It's a great breakfast or after workout drink. You can always add stuff to it as well, such as blueberries, strawberries, etc.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/09/avena-healthy-oatmeal-shake.html
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I do:

strawberries - approx 5 medium
    apple or pear
    1/4 cup non fat yogurt
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup water

I'd use banana as a thickener but I'm allergic so I do yogurt instead
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    1 cup yogurt 1/2 cup fruit juice and 100 grams of your choice of berry, and whey protein and blend... what I'm making now to take to work.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    my breakfast smoothie is one of my favorites!

banana
    kale
    spinach
    carrot
    kiwi
    berries
    greek yogurt

basically any fruit you want, the only staples for me are the yogurt, banana and spinach!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt, 6 oz
    skim milk, 4 oz
    prefrozen banana, sliced
    unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp
    Just Whites egg whites, 1 Tbsp

Blend until smooth. I also use to make freeze pops.
  • stef115
    stef115 Posts: 9
    Options
    I've been doing some web surfing and found some awesome smoothie recipes (along with a bunch of other great recipes) here:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Drink Recipes

Looking forward to making a few of those into freezer pops as well.
  • stef115
    stef115 Posts: 9
    Options
    the only staples for me are the yogurt, banana and spinach!

I haven't tried veggie smoothies yet. Do you cook the spinach first? Does it blend into a smooth consistancy?
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    One of my faves:

1 scoop soy protein powder
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    1/2 banana
    1 all natural tablespoon peanut butter
    1 cup water
    1/3 cup fresh spinach

This is so filling that I use it as a meal replacer, usually breakfast but sometimes dinner.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    the only staples for me are the yogurt, banana and spinach!

I haven't tried veggie smoothies yet. Do you cook the spinach first? Does it blend into a smooth consistancy?

I love veggies smoothies mixed with fruit! I don't cook the spinach first just tear up leaves as I throw them in and yes it comes out smooth after I add water to the consistancy I want!
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Last night I made the strawberry protein punch smoothie from Rocco Dispirito. It has
    2 cups ice
    1 scoop french vanilla whey protein powder
    12 ounce water
    2 cups strawberries
    1 packet sugar free strawberry drink mix (Market Pantry I used strawberry daiquiri mix like Crystal Lite)

Makes 2 24 ounce servings
    107 calories 1 g fat (.5 sat/ o mono 0 poly) 27.5 mg cholesterol 33 mg sodium
    15 g carbohydrate 3 g fiber 10 g protein

Very yummy
  • mrstyler
    mrstyler Posts: 43
    Options
    I do approximately 1.5 cups of frozen fruit to 1 cup of milk, usually. My favorite mixes are strawberry, blueberry, mango and pineapple, mango, and peaches. If I have more calories I can use, I add sorbet for a bit more sweetness and flavor. I don't like bananas so I don't use them in my own smoothies, but my husband loves to add them to everything!
  • mymasterskitten
    Options
    when i used to have shakes for breakfast every morning, i would freeze my fruit the night before, and blend frozen fruit, flax seed, wheat germ, and either diet soda or low/no calorie drinks like crystal lite. the drink adds sweetness, liquid, and flavor, for no extra calories. :D