motivational quote

Options
As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world~that is the myth of the "atomic age"~as in being able to remake ourselves.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Replies

• Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    Very nice :)
  • paperbagprincess
    Options
    LOVE IT!
    I originally heard this one at a public speaking seminar with Stephen Lewis. He quoted it and it caught my attention.

"With greater compassion for others, we would no longer accept hunger and disease as facts of life."-- Cedza Dlamini
  • RodSurly
    RodSurly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great quote! Thanks!
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great quote...thanks for sharing :-)
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!
    I originally heard this one at a public speaking seminar with Stephen Lewis. He quoted it and it caught my attention.

"With greater compassion for others, we would no longer accept hunger and disease as facts of life."-- Cedza Dlamini

Love that one!
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
  • SarahJohnson1234
    SarahJohnson1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I bought a food diary to help me log foods. I've tried a few diaries and found an easy one to use 'food diary and exercise log by dr Joseph Reece'. The calorie counting diaries was a bit tricky to work out when being out and about so I used this one to quickly log foods.

It has motivational quotes at the top of each page which is fun and keeps you going But everyone has different uses :)

I find it helps me keep ontop of foods and I highlight junk food so I can flick through to see what I have eaten that's bad. The less highlighter I see, the better :)
  • peacehawk
    Options
    Sounds great. Everyone seems so organized.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    "Down it, down it, down it, down it"
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    peacehawk wrote: »
    As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world~that is the myth of the "atomic age"~as in being able to remake ourselves.
    --Mahatma Gandhi

the quote is missatributed to Ghandi, it's actually by Prof. Michael N. Nagler in his foreword to the biography Gandhi the Man (1978) by Eknath Easwaran
  • peacehawk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    “If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely
    acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have
    it at the beginning.”

– Michael N. Nagler
  • peacehawk
    Options
    peacehawk wrote: »
    --Mahatma Gandhi

the quote is missatributed to Ghandi, it's actually by Prof. Michael N. Nagler in his foreword to the biography Gandhi the Man (1978) by Eknath Easwaran

Thanks :) I just fixed it. It's important to give credit where credit is due. o:)