Heart Rate Monitor?

Options
Hi Everyone,

I was speaking to a trainer at my gym and he suggested getting a heart rate monitor so I can count how many calories I've burned through out a work out. I already have one for running, a Garmin305, that counts the distance as well as the calories burned. Unfortunately, it only works for outdoor activities (ie. running, biking, or swimming). Does anyone have any suggestions for a monitor that works indoors? He was using a Polar but I know those can be expensive. Since I already have one HR monitor, I don't want to spend a ton of money on this one. Any help you can give would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Polar FT4 would be a good choice. $90 with free shipping from heartratemonitorsusa.com.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I like my Oregon Scientific HRM that I got from Walmart (online only) for around 40, only time I've found that it doesn't read the HRM chest strap is in the car and I don't really need it then lol
  • Becca619
    Becca619 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 - love it, super comfortable to wear. Bought mine on amazon.com, wasn't too expensive either.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    You can get a Garmin footpod that synchs to the 305 to do that instead of buying another HRM.