Being Social without the Guilt

Options
What tips can you share to help deal with the temptations of eating out or social situations that revolve around food/alcohol?

Replies

• jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat before I go out and then have a drink that I sip on for a long time - either red wine or Vodka w/diet coke. If you sip and mingle then there is less notice that you are not keeping up with the food and drink intake of the others around you.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i think the biggest thing is to prepare yourself mentally! you can always eat something small before you go to help stave off the hunger, but usually for party food, it's more of a psychological thing than actual hunger (for me, at least). just tell yourself your limit, meditate on it, and stick to it. if you cave, it's not the end of the world, but i think it really helps to just be very aware of what you want most and how much of it you allow yourself to have. good luck!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I eat before I go out and then have a drink that I sip on for a long time - either red wine or Vodka w/diet coke. If you sip and mingle then there is less notice that you are not keeping up with the food and drink intake of the others around you.

Sneaky... I like it LOL!