In Need of Massive SUPPORT!

Options
Hey everybody, I'm new on here, just joined today! Actually the whole reason I joined was because of my beloved fiance, he's overweight and trying his best to lose weight and be healthy. I know he's struggling really really hard and there's only so much I can do as his fiancee, I think he needs some community support. This is a blog he posted and it made me sad to see just how much he is struggling, so if anyone on here has some tips, pointers, or just flat out support I would be very gracious! Thank you in advance for your kindness =)

His username is Nspireing on here, please help show your support.
Blog post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nspireing/view/ruff-start-101495

Replies

• penguinattackstudios
    penguinattackstudios Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I see the views are going up, but still no words of encouragement for him...Is there anyone with advice?
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Just added both of you as friends..just waiting for acceptance!

He can definitely do it especially with you there supporting him the whole way. A strong support system is a great start.
    Now focus on eating healthy and exercising. And don't try to do what the others can do at the gym. Go at your own speed then give a little extra push before you know it, he will be getting stronger and healthier!!!
    Once I see the exercise log and food diary, I'm sure I can come up with more motivation and hopefully advice:)
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it does take a while for people to jump in...the support is definitely here, on this site. I don't have any advice - unfortunately, learning to love yourself is an ongoing process/struggle, but what I *can* tell you/him is that it's worth the fight.

When you're going through Hell, keep going. That's one of the best things I learned along the way.
  • ashreffler
    ashreffler Posts: 8
    Options
    I sent him a message and requested him as a friend. I would love to join the journey with him. I started mine yesterday, and support is so helpful, even from those people we don't even know.
  • penguinattackstudios
    Options
    Thanks Beebs! (how/where do I accept the friend request?)
    And thank you jmruef for the comment, it's helpful nonetheless =)
  • penguinattackstudios
    Options
    That's very true; I'm not a big person at all, but eating healthy is one heck of a chore. Thank you for your support ashreffler, it's very appreciated =)
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options

On your home page it should have in red letters that you have a friend request. Just click on that and hit accept.
  • penguinattackstudios
    Options

On your home page it should have in red letters that you have a friend request. Just click on that and hit accept.

Awsome! Thank you, I'll accept right away!