Hello all!

Options
Hi,

I am a mom of a almost three year old and a 16 month old and recently lost my third pregnancy due to a Molar pregnancy which is rare. The molar pregnancy resulted in me having to do chemo which depressed me, thus I ate! And ate! Well my mom decorated my bathroom for me as a surprise to lift my spirits and bought me a full length mirror and oh my..I was shocked to say the least. So once I finished my chemo (2 weeks ago) my doctor gave me the okay to work out again and my friend told me about this website. I signed up and really started using it three days ago and I have already lost two pounds by watching my calories/carbs/fat and water consumption and doing 45 minute walks with my friend. I love this sight because it makes me accountable; so no sneaking off for a coca cola! Mmm..my biggest enemy.

I plan to start bike riding next week with my friend, we got bike trailer for the kids. I hope to drop 25 pounds before next summer.

I hope you all have successful weight loss journeys as well as keeping the weight off! I know from experience that keeping our bodies healthy now is so important. I don't ever want to sit in an oncologist office again in my lifetime for me or anyone else!

Happy healthy lifestyles to you all!

Replies

• karabeccasmith
    Options
    Hi,

I am a mom of a almost three year old and a 16 month old and recently lost my third pregnancy due to a Molar pregnancy which is rare. The molar pregnancy resulted in me having to do chemo which depressed me, thus I ate! And ate! Well my mom decorated my bathroom for me as a surprise to lift my spirits and bought me a full length mirror and oh my..I was shocked to say the least. So once I finished my chemo (2 weeks ago) my doctor gave me the okay to work out again and my friend told me about this website. I signed up and really started using it three days ago and I have already lost two pounds by watching my calories/carbs/fat and water consumption and doing 45 minute walks with my friend. I love this sight because it makes me accountable; so no sneaking off for a coca cola! Mmm..my biggest enemy.

I plan to start bike riding next week with my friend, we got bike trailer for the kids. I hope to drop 25 pounds before next summer.

I hope you all have successful weight loss journeys as well as keeping the weight off! I know from experience that keeping our bodies healthy now is so important. I don't ever want to sit in an oncologist office again in my lifetime for me or anyone else!

Happy healthy lifestyles to you all!
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Bless your heart, you have been through the mill! So thankful you are getting back on track. BTW, welcome to MFP. We all love it here and love to see new faces!

Take care of yourself and if you have any questions or problems, just ask. We have enough highly educated folks on this site to answer about anything for you.

I'll pray for your good health and success in getting back in shape.

Marti in Kentucky
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Welcome ((hugs)) to you for everything you've been through. :flowerforyou:

You love this site people are great and it works too!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Sounds like you have been through a lot recently! This is a great place for support and help and encouragement. Glad you found us! (even though we're a little kooky sometimes. Well, o.k. a lot of times!) :flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    Welcome to the Group! :flowerforyou:
  • Toby
    Toby Posts: 17
    Options
    You are a strong woman just with what you have endured thus far. Hang in there! You will be at your goal in no time!
    85002.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lezlee
    lezlee Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey Girl!! Are you ready to bike it?!?! I say we should try to start on Sunday...what do you think? I am so ready!! :bigsmile:
    :heart: you!!

84897.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cre13
    cre13 Posts: 68
    Options
    butterfly5Fwelcome5Fsw1.jpg

-Chirleen