Granola and Fish....

Options
Not together though...:laugh:

I am looking to buy some granola that I can mix in with yogurt. I usually shop at Aldi's or Wal*Mart and I can't seem to find any at either place. Where can I buy some granola like the kind that comes with a yogurt parfait at McDonald's?

I am also looking to start incorporating more fish into my diet. Every book, magazine or internet article that I have been reading lately boasts of the benefits of eating fish. I'm not sure what type of fish to buy though. I do not like fish that tastes fishy. I like flakier fish that is light. I am looking for some suggestions as to what type of fish to buy and some ways to fix it. Usually when we make fish it is breaded and then fried in oil or deep fried. The thought of eating all of the fat now disgusts me, so I am looking for healthier ways to make fish. Any suggestions?

Replies

• FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    Not together though...:laugh:

I am looking to buy some granola that I can mix in with yogurt. I usually shop at Aldi's or Wal*Mart and I can't seem to find any at either place. Where can I buy some granola like the kind that comes with a yogurt parfait at McDonald's?

I am also looking to start incorporating more fish into my diet. Every book, magazine or internet article that I have been reading lately boasts of the benefits of eating fish. I'm not sure what type of fish to buy though. I do not like fish that tastes fishy. I like flakier fish that is light. I am looking for some suggestions as to what type of fish to buy and some ways to fix it. Usually when we make fish it is breaded and then fried in oil or deep fried. The thought of eating all of the fat now disgusts me, so I am looking for healthier ways to make fish. Any suggestions?
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    OMG i saw the title and was going EWWWWW out loud lol

they sell granola in the health section at the grocery store....
  • K.Ann
    K.Ann Posts: 37
    Options
    Granola should be in the cereal aisle of any grocery store. I see it at walmart all the time.
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    K.Ann--Do you know what the box looks like or what the brand is? I looked and can't seem to find it. I'll have to look really well tonight.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I see it in the cereal row too.

A kind that I LOVE to put on yogurt is Grape Nuts Trail Mix (sooo don't quote me on the name, it's got rasins, nuts, etc in it). SOOOO amazingly good.
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    Tilapia is an amazing fish if you're not a fan of the "fishy" fish. It's so good. Simple too. There was a thread that I commented in a few weeks ago about favorite ways to prepare it... I'll see if I can find it and bump it for you.
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    Here is a fish suggestion ... tilapia. You can get it fresh or frozen ... my two year old niece loves it!

Here is another thought for something to add to yogurt ... crushed up sweet soy chips (like caramel or apple cinnamon). Granola can get calorie and fat heavy sometimes, but it is yummy!
  • FitMomof3
    Options
    Here is a fish suggestion ... tilapia. You can get it fresh or frozen ... my two year old niece loves it!

Here is another thought for something to add to yogurt ... crushed up sweet soy chips (like caramel or apple cinnamon). Granola can get calorie and fat heavy sometimes, but it is yummy!

Sweet soy chips sound delicious (especially caramel)--where do you buy these?
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    Look for soy chips either in the organic section or in the cracker aisle.

Soy chips are a great protein source, low cal, and quite yummy. I had sea salt ones with lunch today. I started enjoying them after my niece (same one who loves the tilapia) started feeding the cheddar ones to me at Easter.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    The Kashi granola is yummy, they offer several different types and are very good. I actually have the Harvest kind right now that I'm mixing with yogurt.
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    Genisoy makes all different kinds ... but a lot of stores carry their own brand now (usually just as good and a fraction of the cost). I was just on the Genisoy website and they have more kinds than I could ever imagine!