**Scared**

Options
I have lost 7 pounds in 12 days....very happ so far

BUT

today was pizza lunch for Breast Cancer at work.
Everytime I eat something like pizza I get crazy scared that Im going to fall right back where I was at 195lb. (to close to 200lb for me)

Then I start obsessing about planning the rest of my day out to make sure I dont go over and make sure I do some kind of excersice.

Is it ok to be this aware of what Im eating or do I need to relax a little??

Replies

• kellyged
    kellyged Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chill, chill girl. Pizza is fine now and again. Its a learning thing. I can have pizza but i should maybe make a healhtier choice for dinner but dont deprive yourself. Exercise is good at counterbalancing what you ate but dont fret. what weight are you now? What do others say about you?
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    awarness is great, this is what you need for now to help you get on the right track. This is pretty much the way most of us on here do it.
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    I just started 12 days ago and went from 195 to 188.....I just dont want to be the only one not eating pizaa on pizza day lol!!!
    I carry my weight very well ...no one even thought I was close to 200lb but I knew and thats why I am doing this :)
  • flawedandfabulous
    Options
    I think it is good that you are aware of what you are eating and that you can eat what you enjoy but sometimes making sure you exercise is good too. You have to look at this as a way of life, not a diet if you would like long term success. We are all going to have a day where we indulge either planned ahead or impulsively. When that happens then pay special attention to eating healthy foods the rest of the week and maybe a little extra exercise will help you to feel better. Don't obsess or punish yourself, because then you are unlikely to stay on track. Pay attention and be accountable and you will do great.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change. You are on a sustainable journey. You can't deny yourself pizza. Moderation. Enjoy, and work it off later.

You got great support here. Take a deep breath and put one foot in front of the other. :flowerforyou:
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    It's okay to have a cheat day or meal. I have just started incorporating one into my diet and I have one once a week. Your body needs that insulin surprise. It will actually help you in your weight loss.
  • begonia813
    begonia813 Posts: 12
    Options
    one "bad" meal a week will not throw off your whole diet. your body can't absorb 7 lbs. back in one meal. in fact, it's good to let your body know that you are PURPOSELY trying to lose weight lol. it's good physically and mentally - one indulgent meal a week is good for you. but it is good to eat light for the other part of the day. for example, if i know i'm going out to dinner or something, i'll make sure my lunch is a little extra light.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's fine to be aware of your food intake. Just don't stress over it. If you can find the nutritional value of the pizza you're eating, you can calculate how much you would allow yourself. Even if you were to go a bit over, it wouldn't be cause for stress. Stress will lead to weight gain due to the production of Cortisol, which is a hormone released to deal with stressors, which includes exercise, a form of physical stress on the body.

Take it easy. Unless you absolutely have to be down a certain number of pounds for whatever reason, like a sport or modeling, there's no reason to hurry up the process for healthy weight loss.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    "All or nothing" thinking is a trait of perfecionist people. It's a dangerous game to play and leads to obsession and compulsions.

Relax. Pizza is a good thing. In all things moderation.
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    Thanks everyone.....you have all made me take a deep breath! lol
    Thats exactly what I want this to be is a life style change
    NOT a diet
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing!! What I have learned is to eat half of what I normally would!! For instance, my daughter had muffins for mom this morning at her school. Instead of eating a whole muffin, I cut it in half and wrapped the other in a napkin for my breakfast tomorrow!!! I do the same when eating out!! When I order my food, I will ask them to bring me a to go box right away, so I can cut my portion in half and take it home with me!!! I hope this helps you!! The first week is the hardest, believe me!! But you can do it!! And the major thing is to not deprive yourself, because you will want it that much more!! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. :happy:
  • sweetheart37
    sweetheart37 Posts: 174
    Options
    ive done same thing myself and have fallin off that track ,,but u have to pick urself back up u no what u did ,, have a lighter dinner ..were all not perfect and we can hit bumps from time to time, go for a walk, and remember tomorrow a new day ..... good luck :smile: