Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how does it do that?

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
How does the scale change weight between showers? I mean I get on the scale when I wake up and after going peepee. I take a shower and get back on the scale and I have gained a pound. How does that happen??? So I do my hair, make up and such and get back on for a third weigh in and of course it's different again!!! So I usually take an average of the 3 weights. How does it change like that in a matter of minutes????? Please splain this Lucy!!!!

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    How does the scale change weight between showers? I mean I get on the scale when I wake up and after going peepee. I take a shower and get back on the scale and I have gained a pound. How does that happen??? So I do my hair, make up and such and get back on for a third weigh in and of course it's different again!!! So I usually take an average of the 3 weights. How does it change like that in a matter of minutes????? Please splain this Lucy!!!!

Memaw
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    well youre not always applying the same pressure in the same spot on your scale which does affect it a little.
    Also, after your shower, your body has absorbed water and is much more moist, think of your skin as a mini sponge, youve kept some of that water on you.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    :laugh: memaw! Stop weighing yourself so much! Even I only weigh once in the morning and once at night. You're going to get in trouble silly girl! :laugh:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    yep! you can soak that water right up. Even if you got up and drank a 16 oz glass of water before you weighed, you now weight 1lb more than you would have 1min. ago. 16 oz = 1lb. Try not to weigh so much it'll drive you batty!!! :noway:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    it's water. :)

I don't recommend looking at the scale more than once a day. I look about once a week.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Um, I think you're profile pic says it all! :laugh: Whoa, baby! :laugh:

Seriously, step off that scale so much! And all that yadda, yadda from the peeps before me is legit!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    LOL, bathroom scales just aren't that accurate. Weighing yourself more then once a week isn't much good because scales can be off by as much as 3 lbs.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    As everyone else has said, it's the water weight!! Weigh once a week!! I try to do it right when I wake up after using the toity... Just try to do it at the same point in your day every time...that way you can use it to "compare"... I know it's hard to wait that long...especially when you think you're having a really good week or something, but try hard!! It makes you that much more anxious to weigh and see how GOOD you've done... Also, you probably won't see the scale move much day to day...which can (as others have said) DRIVE YOU NUTS!!!
This discussion has been closed.