Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Scale: A Tool, Not a Sharp-toothed Torture Device

TheGoblinRoad
TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
The scale, most of us have one, is just a tool. An imperfect tool for measuring our health.

I'm noticing a lot of people are giving it power it doesn't need, turning it into teethy instruments of torture ready to snap at your feet with a snarl if you've gained 1/16th of a pound in water weight, or purring like a regal little cat if you've lost weight.

Just a tool. Metal and plastic. Honestly. You can contact the manufacturers, and they will tell you that no magic spells are performed during their creation, filling them with consciousness.

There's no point in torturing ourselves.

I get on the scale about once a week and keep in mind that it only gives me a small picture of my overall progress with health, and an unclear one at that.

Let's think positive.

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    The scale, most of us have one, is just a tool. An imperfect tool for measuring our health.

I'm noticing a lot of people are giving it power it doesn't need, turning it into teethy instruments of torture ready to snap at your feet with a snarl if you've gained 1/16th of a pound in water weight, or purring like a regal little cat if you've lost weight.

Just a tool. Metal and plastic. Honestly. You can contact the manufacturers, and they will tell you that no magic spells are performed during their creation, filling them with consciousness.

There's no point in torturing ourselves.

I get on the scale about once a week and keep in mind that it only gives me a small picture of my overall progress with health, and an unclear one at that.

Let's think positive.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    AMEN!
    Well said......
    FOR ME, this time, the scale has been a life-saver
    I only weigh-in weekly in the am....I recently slacked a bit (upped my cals) and put on 2 pounds...I tried NOT to freak....reduced my cals a smidge....added some time to the treadmill....still only weighing in weekly and I am down 1 pound
    I think in the past I was in denial when I started slacking/gaining weight and convinced myself the scale was the devil and I didn't NEED it...truth is, I DO....
    By the time, my clothes were tight etc it was too late (for me) as my new habits were down the toilet

Thanks for the post!
    Kim
This discussion has been closed.