Changing or adding a serving size?

Options
SherryRH
SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
Does anyone know if I can add a different serving size to a food that is alreay in the database? I had the green giant rice pilaf for lunch but I didn't have the entire package. They have a serving for 1/2 cup and that is what I had. I don't want to make a duplicate entry, I would just like to adjust the serving size.

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if I can add a different serving size to a food that is alreay in the database? I had the green giant rice pilaf for lunch but I didn't have the entire package. They have a serving for 1/2 cup and that is what I had. I don't want to make a duplicate entry, I would just like to adjust the serving size.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Try going to the Food tab and Database and type in which food you would like to change and click on it and on the right hand side upper right corner there is an "Edit" button

Or I looked up what you were looking at and it says serving size "1 package", if there are two 1/2 cup (1 cup)servings in the package you could always put "0.5" and that would be half

I hope that I sort of understood you! :ohwell:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have recently discovered that once I add the food to whatever meal I choose I can then click on it and change or alter the serving size!......or you could always figure out the math for the serving you did have (i.e. put .5 or .25) of a serving!)

:smile:
  • IcI_MFP
    IcI_MFP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    While the suggestion from magichatter06 works, it still isn't ideal.

Take for example the item "*Raro - Powdered Drink"; it currently only lists a "200ml 1/2 strength" serving. I'd like to add a "full strength" serving. This should be available to all, not only me.

Is this possible?