I need snacks!

Options
Amy1066
Amy1066 Posts: 30
Hi All,
I need some snack ideas. I am on the go and do not work at a desk, so I need something that I can eat on the go. I have thought of trail mix, and dried fruit, but they have to many calories for me. What about "sports" bars and what not.
Thanks for the help.

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I bring bags of Veggies. Cup of applesauce, cup of low-fat cottage cheese. You can pre-package some pretzels, anything...
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i get the delmonte fruit cups, i eat sargento reduced fat cheese sticks and i eat veggie straws which are quite yummy
  • AmandaJPK
    AmandaJPK Posts: 26
    Options
    Green apples
    Fiber One Chocolate & Oat (130 calories) or Chocolate Mocha Bars (140 calories) - I usually eat this for breakfast but I think it would make a great snack food too.
    Walnuts (I think it's 1/8 of a cup) and 1 tablespoon of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips = 170 calories
    90 calorie pack Quaker mini rice cakes - Chocolate Mint Drizzle
    Fat-free pretzels
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can make your own trail mix that can be low-calorie- use things like goldfish crackers, cereal (cheerios, etc), freeze dried fruit (it's crispy/airy as opposed to regular dried fruit), pretzels, popcorn, chunks of chopped up protein bar (I love the cookie dough Zone bars- bet they would be great!)...anything goes.

Other favorite snacks on-the-go:
    - mini protein bars (Clif, Luna and Promax make good ones! All 70 - 100 cals each)
    - grapes
    - dried apple rings (bulk buy and portion out before you leave home- they are chewy so take ages to eat!)
    - roasted chickpeas (can make them salty or spicy or sweet...just spray with oil and roast ahead of time with whatever you like- salt, garlic, cinnamon, cayenne pepper...)
    - low calorie wraps spread with light laughing cow cheese + low sugar fruit spread (or salsa, hummus- depends if you like sweet/savory), then cut into pinwheels that are more bite-sized/snack-sized (like these: http://itsybitsyfoodies.com/turkey-wrap-pinwheels/ )
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    grapes

peel a couple of clementines and put them in a zip lock bag

vitamuffins

strwberries or blueberries--washed and put in a zip lock bag
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Granola bars, apples, oranges, muffins, grapes, laughing cow cheese & crackers, and nearly any leftovers are good in a pita or wrapped in a tortilla.

Oh I also sometimes grab a box of 100 calorie snack packs.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Non-sugary Breakfast cereals like Cheerios, Kix, Chex (pre-packaged into single serving baggies)
    Carrots and celery sticks
    Fiber One bars
    dried fruit
    Veggie straws (pre-packaged into single serving baggies)
    whole grain crackers
    low- or no-fat pretzels
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I love CG Scandinavian crispbreads and they are only 12 calories each. Plain they are a great crunch loaded with fiber to fill you up. Sometimes I put a tablespoon of peanut butter, 1/2 a sliced banana on two breads, top with a teaspoon of honey, sprinkled with sugar. A heartier snack that has healthy carb, fiber, protien, fruit and a little somethin somethin to satisfy the sweet tooth.
    I will also have them with a teaspoon of hot pepper jelly, which is a homemade jelly I get at a local farmer's market.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    walnuts, almonds, pistachios.....apple slices
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    - roasted chickpeas (can make them salty or spicy or sweet...just spray with oil and roast ahead of time with whatever you like- salt, garlic, cinnamon, cayenne pepper...)
    - low calorie wraps spread with light laughing cow cheese + low sugar fruit spread (or salsa, hummus- depends if you like sweet/savory), then cut into pinwheels that are more bite-sized/snack-sized (like these: http://itsybitsyfoodies.com/turkey-wrap-pinwheels/ )

I like the chickpea & wrap ideas. I've got to try these.

My snacks generally consist of nuts or berries. Nuts may be high in calorie but you will feel satisfied after just 10 raw almonds or 7 walnut halves. Any kind of berrie is good for you.
  • Amy1066
    Amy1066 Posts: 30
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the great ideas, and the support.:smile: