STUCK :( nowhere near my calorie goal.

Options
my recommended calories is 1200 per day.

Im only on 726 net calories so far today and ive had dinner.

im so full already and feel like eating any more is just pointless and i will surely gain weight because im so full

stressed :(

any ideas? :(

Replies

• therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary viewable so we can betterr assist you?
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Grab a spoon and a jar of peanut butter and have a couple Tbs of it.
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Have a piece of cheese
  • therobinator
    Options
    im so full already and feel like eating any more is just pointless and i will surely gain weight because im so full
    PS - eating when your full doesn't make you gain weight.....eating too many calories overall does. 1,200 is nowhere near too many, so don't worry.

But like I said, if you let us see your dairy, we can help you bulk up you meals throughout the day so you don't end up with such a gap when it's over.

As for today, don't worry about it -- it's just one day....you can do better tomorrow.
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    this happens to me almost everyday! i have a goal of 1200 and almost always have between 750-900 net....but if i eat more then i'll be going over my sugar allowance and all that....confused?
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Is this a daily thing? Or just a problem you've had today?

If it's just today...then don't worry about it and move on to tomorrow.

If it's daiily...try to add small snacks throughout the day. Add an apple here and there. Or a few tbsps of peanut butter and a glass of milk. Eat a couple oz of cheese. It's important to not regularly eat too little!!!

YOU WILL NOT GAIN WEIGHT BY EATING 1200 CALORIES!!!
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Don't worry about it. So, you're under your calorie goal for today. Let it go and just try again tomorrow. Food shouldn't be a battle ground. And you certainly shouldn't be stuffing "unecessary" food into your mouth just to make up some "arbitrary" numbers.
  • young1726
    Options
    Don't worry about it. So, you're under your calorie goal for today. Let it go and just try again tomorrow. Food shouldn't be a battle ground. And you certainly shouldn't be stuffing "unecessary" food into your mouth just to make up some "arbitrary" numbers.

I wouldn't consider eating more than 700 calories to be unnecessary. Your body needs fuel to be healthy. Isn't being healthy the point of all this?
  • young1726
    Options
    this happens to me almost everyday! i have a goal of 1200 and almost always have between 750-900 net....but if i eat more then i'll be going over my sugar allowance and all that....confused?

I would first worry about getting more calories. Then you can fine tune your diet to adjust your sugar allowance.

Also, if you're eating alot of fruits/milk/etc that has a lot of sugar in it, I wouldn't worry abou that. It's natural sugar and you're eating healthy foods!! :)

Please eat more thant 750-900 on a regular basis!!!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options

I wouldn't consider eating more than 700 calories to be unnecessary. Your body needs fuel to be healthy. Isn't being healthy the point of all this?

I totally agree with ya, 700 isnt acceptable to just leave alone.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You don't need to stress over not eating enough. If this is a regular occurence, then you should work on getting your meal plan to a more healthy level. If this is just a one time thing then let it go. You are not going to go into starvation mode or screw up your metabolism or do something horrible to your body by not eating 1200 calories ONE day.

If your food and nutrition is a concern to you, you really should open up your diary so that people can give you advice on where to improve.
  • therobinator
    Options
    Not worrying about it for one day is fine.....undereating consistently is a problem.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes almonds and peanut butter are all higher in calories and easy to do.
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    drink it through protein shakes and have some bars. Though i agree w/ the others, if this is only for the day, then don't worry about it.
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i always seem to reach my protein goal but nothing else though, so peanut butter will send me soaring over the limit :/

Even my yoghurts have like 6g protein in :/

ive had a cereal bar so thats another 80 cals gone.

i dont know why i always seem to reach my protein limit and nothing else :(
  • therobinator
    Options
    i always seem to reach my protein goal but nothing else though, so peanut butter will send me soaring over the limit :/

As long as you don't go over your total daily calories, it's not that big of a deal. Read the link in my signature for info on protein/carb/fat ratios.
  • young1726
    Options

Many people have stated that MFP way undercaluculates daily protein goals. I wouldn't worry about your protein limit! I'm over almost everyday! I love me some protein! :)