How are you moms doing it??

Options
I get up every day at 5 am to squeeze in my 30 day ripped video, shower, get the kids ready, eat, and off to work. I leave for work, get home, cook, feed the kids, bathe the kids, get the kids to bed. By the time all that is done it is 8:30-9pm at night. I just feel like only getting a workout that burns 200 calories isn't enough. When and how do you have time to get more in??

The one plus I have in my favor is I am a teacher so in 3.5 weeks I will be out for the summer and will be able to also do bikerides and fun exercise with my kids. But man, during the school year its dang impossible!!!

Replies

• nikki722
    nikki722 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i hear ya, it's tough! and DH usually works side jobs at night. i just ran a 10 mile run and was training for that, so my mom would stop by to hang out with the girls a night during the week so i could get a training run in. i also would have someone come watch the girls on one weekend day for a little bit so i could get a run in and DH is usually home wed nights, so that was my 3rd run. i just started the ripped in 30 workout too and i also am getting up at 5 to do it. yesterday after picking the girls up, we had a quick dinner and went to the park and i did a 2 mile walk pushing the double stroller. then we played at the playground. we got home at almost 8, i gave the girls a quick bath and got them in bed. i'm going to attempt to do the Ripped in 30 DVD at least 5 mornings and also try and fit in 3 runs a week. it's hard.
  • Celeste79
    Celeste79 Posts: 21
    Options
    Being a member of a gym with child watch has been a huge blessing and help. DD loves going to play while mommy gets her work-out in. It's my sanity break in an otherwise busy day!

If you haven't yet - do the crock-pot! I also do a lot of leftovers for dinner during the week or re-purposing leftovers into a casserole or cold pasta salad. My big cooking (obviously) is done over the weekends with plenty of extra cooked up with those meals to sustain us through the week.
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It is tough but, being a single parent you do what you have to do to get it in. I get up at 4:00 AM to get my hour in. I then get ready, get my daughter up, get her to school, and go to work. I then get her from school, do homework, make dinner, clean up and if all goes well we do something fun after before bedtime. I just do it because it really is the only time to do it. Oh, did I mention I have 4 Beagles to take care of, too. CRAZY!!!!