Cottage Cheese

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    bake it with spinach, egg white and a lil bit of garlic in the oven!!!, my kids will even eat it!!

mmmmmm! love cottage cheese!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Eat Greek yogurt for you instead if you don't like cottage cheese. Don't eat it if you don't love it. No matter how good it is for you, you will dread it.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Put it in your scramble eggs, delicious... obviously every one said fruit...it is also good with tuna and some balsamic vinaigrette...oh and some tomatoes!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Love it w/fresh berries!!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    I prefer cottage cheese with salty things instead of sweet. Crackers with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top. Or mix it with grape tomatoes and olives. I usually just do crackers though.
  • noelle1230
    noelle1230 Posts: 3 Member
    Every morning, my breakfast is cottage cheese with blueberries. Keep a bag of frozen blueberries and just pour out about 1/2 cup into a bowl. Run hot water over it and let it sit. W/in about one minute they will be thawed. Put 1/2 a cup of cott cheese in and stir it up. It's awesome, and only 177 calories, plenty of protien. Add an English muffin half with peanut butter and you have about
  • bambis
    bambis Posts: 75 Member
    Cottage cheese is almost always a part of my breakfast.

I either blend it in my oatmeal for extra protein, or I eat it with yoghurt and granola.

I also sometimes eat it as an afternoon snack with apples and cinnamon.
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    I mix it with onion soup mix and use it as a veggie dip, so good!!!
  • koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    try it with salsa! yum
  • anwendy
    anwendy Posts: 17
    Someone else on the site posted this recipe, it is is AMAZING!! My new favorite thing. I do blueberries instead of mixed berries. Such a delicious breakfast or dessert!
    I just made this for breakfast and I swear it tasted like a sundae!

Berry Breakfast Sundae!

1 Eggo FiberPlus Chocolate Chip Waffle
    1/4 c. Non Fat Cottage Cheese
    1/4 c. Mixed Frozen Berries

1. Toast the waffle until crispy
    2. Heat the frozen berries in pan or microwave until mushy and thawed but not hot
    3. Break the waffle into small pieces, top with cottage cheese and berries and ENJOY!!!

SOOO yummy and only 152 calories!
  • GingerDarlene
    GingerDarlene Posts: 164 Member
    My mom use to add; cuccumbers, chopped sweet pickles and celery. I like to add slivered almonds, extra protein with crunch
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    I mix mine in with some pasta. Makes it taste like lasagna!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Bumping for the waffle idea!!
  • I mix mine with sugar free jello. 1 large container of cottage and 1/2 pack of sugar free jello then let it set for at least 3 hours. I will remix the mixture about 1 1/2 hours then remix it before i eat it. I have never tried the sugar free pudding instead of flavored jello but I am going to give it a try.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    I only tend to eat mine as a savoury cheese, on top of crackers/ryvitas/dutch crisp breads/melba toasts/rice cakes or with salad/veggies.

It is also AWESOME seved with toasted pitta bread strips as a dip.

try mixing it with the following:

*1 tsp green or red pesto (Oh sooooooooo yummy!!!)
    * Chopped fresh chilli pepper & Corriander (Cilantro)
    * Harissa paste (Morroccan red paste)
    * thai sweet chilli sauce & Chopped red bell pepper (Delicious!!!)
    * Garlic & Herbs
    * Chives
    * Mint & cucumbers (Tzatziki style)
    * Chopped up hard boiled egg & cress
    * Fresh cherry Tomatoes & basil
    * Sultanas, 1tsp mild curry powder & 1 tsp mango chutney (Coronation style).
    * Sun dried tomatoes & herbs
    * Hot sauce
    * Chopped spring onions.

Play around with it :o)
  • Yummy! Love it! As mentioned, watch for the salt/sodium levels. And some brands have added creme fraiche, so can be much higher in fat than you'd think. I stick with 'virtually fat free' brands :)

Take about a cup of CC and chop in one hard boiled egg.
    In my head this tastes like luxury egg mayo and I eat it all the time :)
    CC carries flavours well, so add a little light mayo if you want.

Bril with salad, on tattie...or just on it's own :) I often have it to fill me just before a workout, as it's light but keeps me going til tea time :)
  • littlemuffin
    littlemuffin Posts: 25 Member
    bump :smile:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Mixed with avocado it's good. Or in baked potatoes.
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    I love it with just pepper, but have given it up now because I can't find one that is low in sodium. What is up with all the damn salt already?!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    My favourite since I am a cheese-hater is to make my Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie w/ frozen strawberries (1 cup halved – I buy fresh, cut them in half then freeze), vanilla (1/2 tsp), cottage cheese (1/2 cup Nordica reduced sodium fat-free), sweetener (2 0-cal packets), blend until smooth (you may add ¼ cup of water if too thick).

Nutrition: 192 cals, 346mg sodium, 31g carbs, 6g fiber, 0g fat, 19g protein – makes 1 serving.

Here’s my pic:
    Picture514.jpg
This discussion has been closed.