Board munchies

Options
I have an office desk job where A, I don’t get much exercise but more then anything I tend to get board and want to snack on things, any advice or tips on what to do…or what to eat when I get what I call more then anything the “ board munchies?”

Thanks Leslie

88575.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• lesliedionne
    Options
    I have an office desk job where A, I don’t get much exercise but more then anything I tend to get board and want to snack on things, any advice or tips on what to do…or what to eat when I get what I call more then anything the “ board munchies?”

Thanks Leslie

88575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water every time you get the urge to munch. (eventually you will be running to the ladies so often you won't be bored anymore!) :laugh:
    Come to MFP and read the bulletins.
    I just logged a snack I was thinking about and saw my "If every day were like today button" change from 139.5 to 142.5 So there it was in print, right in front of me, that moment of snacking would sooooooooo not be worth it.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Have a stash of healthy things....nuts, dried fruit, etc
    Just make sure they are portioned out so you don't go over simply snacking.

I'd drink the water first too.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I love to chew gum...I'll go through about a half pack in a day if I'm having a 'hungry' day. Water with or without sugar-free flavor also works well. You are still 'munching', but in the form of sipping.
  • lesliedionne
    Options
    thanks guys this was very informational

the water is smart i know drinking water it usually makes me full so maybe i can start going to the vending machine and get a bottle of h20 instead of peanut m&ms lol :bigsmile: and the good snacks are always a smart idea...my coworker was telling me about the 100 calorie pack things? are those any good?

thanks again!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    boredom eating is a big problem for a lot of people.
    Instead of eating when you are bored, drink a glass of water, if you are still hungry, try to have a healthy snack on hand like carrots or apples.
    Sometimes yogurt helps, even though its a little calorie loaded, it fills you up in a different way than a fruit or veggie would.
  • tashjs21
    Options

the water is smart i know drinking water it usually makes me full so maybe i can start going to the vending machine and get a bottle of h20 instead of peanut m&ms lol :bigsmile: and the good snacks are always a smart idea...my coworker was telling me about the 100 calorie pack things? are those any good?

thanks again!

I have a love hate relationship with those 100 calorie pack snacks. On one hand they are awesome for those snacking needs but then the days where I lose all self control...they are bad...my old eating habits sneak in and I tell myself...they are only 100 calories...it won't hurt to have another...then before you know it I am 300 calories down for the day off of one snack.
    But yes, they are wonderful if you can have the self control to stick to your plan.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

thanks again!

I always have a ton of these on hand (I know all the presevatives, etc).... it works.
    I like to have at least one salty and one sweet in my office. That way when I get either of those cravings I can usually satisfy it. Some good 100 cal packs I've tried are: Mr. Salty chocolate covered pretzels, the Ritz combo, Doritos, Cheeto asteroids (my niece loves them....she's 1), Lorna Doone shortbread cookies.....

Also, Quaker has these awesome chocolate drizzled rice cakes for like 90 cals a bag. They are really good.

But I agree, they are just to cut the craving.....be careful of overdoing it.
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    Rather than buying water ... get a reusable bottle. I have a one-liter reusable bottle on my desk that I fill up twice a day. Loose weight and help save waste from going in the landfill!

I love the 100 calorie packs ... but I tend to eat more than just one too.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Rather than buying water ... get a reusable bottle. I have a one-liter reusable bottle on my desk that I fill up twice a day. Loose weight and help save waste from going in the landfill!

I love the 100 calorie packs ... but I tend to eat more than just one too.

I have a 64oz one and chug a bunch everytime I get the urge to eat.
    Definitely a good idea to get a reusable bottle!
  • lesliedionne
    Options
    this is all GREAT information

just what i needed!!!

thanks guys!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I used to find myself wandering off to the vending machines in the afternoon or going to "visit" other employees who had candy dishes on their desk.

Now I bring a big bag of baby carrots back with me from lunch and try to eat them all before I go home. This also helps with portion control at dinner as I am pretty full from the carrots when I get home.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness we did not have vending machines at my old work. Just a coke machine and I don't care for sodas