HI :) Stephanie from Seattle here...

Options
Hi everyone :) I'm from the Seattle area and hoping to meet some WL buddies online :) I have lost just over 40 pounds so far, but I have 74 more to go until I reach my GW of 160. So, if you'd like to friend me, please do!

A little about me: I go to UW and graduate this year. I am 28, single and dating and have a beautiful kitty named Frankie :) I love dancing, the gym (what!? Who would have ever thought!), hikes, Cannon Beach, OR., and Disneyland. I will be attending the T-Cert program as soon as I graduate, and hope to teach elementary school or middle school language arts- so losing weight to be a positive role-model is important to me, as well.

Any other experienced/new teachers out there? I'd love to have support, and support you as well!!

Thanks,
Steph

Replies

• butterfliblu
    butterfliblu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm from the Seattle area and hoping to meet some WL buddies online :) I have lost just over 40 pounds so far, but I have 74 more to go until I reach my GW of 160. So, if you'd like to friend me, please do!

A little about me: I go to UW and graduate this year. I am 28, single and dating and have a beautiful kitty named Frankie :) I love dancing, the gym (what!? Who would have ever thought!), hikes, Cannon Beach, OR., and Disneyland. I will be attending the T-Cert program as soon as I graduate, and hope to teach elementary school or middle school language arts- so losing weight to be a positive role-model is important to me, as well.

Any other experienced/new teachers out there? I'd love to have support, and support you as well!!

Thanks,
    Steph
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know exactly where you're headed in life! Good luck to you in all your journies!! :flowerforyou:
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Options
    Wow! Congrads on the 40 lost! :drinker: And welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Another teacher here :D I taught grade 4 for 4 years in Indiana right out of university and then moved to Canada. In Canada (surprise!) my 4 years of experience in the states doesn't count so I've started over at square one and am doing my year as a substitute, subbing all grades. It's really an eye opener and fun, though -- it further reinforces that I love teaching elementary grades and NOT the junior high or high school grades, though I've had some really great experiences in all areas so I really can't complain.

I love my job! It's great to meet another teacher :heart: And it's great to have you in the MFP family :) You'll love it here -- SO motivating and powerful. It helps that it's full of such wonderful, supportive people of course!

/hugs
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    welcome, hello, and stuff along those line :drinker:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    welcome
    plenty of support here
    and some goofballs

keep up the good work, seems like you are doing well!
  • dmor
    dmor Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck!