cinnamon

Options
so lets chat ill give you a topic .... Cinnamon and why is it good for you and how to incorporate it in every meal ??? go

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    hmmmm
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    LOVE cinnamon! I add it to vanilla yogurt, coffee (actually won't have coffee without it) chai, and to my chocolate protein shakes. I'd be willing to bet that I have cinnamon every day. I have heard cinnamon mixed with honey, daily, can help with joint inflammation.

GOOD TOPIC!
  • Dkittery
    Dkittery Posts: 82
    Options
    One study found that smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory

1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL cholesterol

5551649.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle it over my sugar-free, fat-free jello! Sounds kinda strange but it heightens the flavor to a really yummy place. :)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    it's known to lower blood surgar. My husband is diabetic and puts it in his coffee, yogurt, etc.
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    It boosts your metabolism. :]
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    It makes for a good Fire Department prank. Youtube "Cinnamon Dragon." Weget the rookies with it. Haven't had anyone succeed yet.
  • ndswimchick22
    ndswimchick22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon are amazing. :)
  • monkeyboy881
    monkeyboy881 Posts: 287
    Options
    all great nice im digging it
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Grill grapefruit with it sprinkled over the top, it's unbelievable
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    And I don't even like grapefruit!
  • RocketsGirl75
    RocketsGirl75 Posts: 648
    Options
    I have read that it boosts metabolism and helps to lower blood sugar. I actually take 2 cinnamon pills a day with my daily vitamins...
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    its an anti-inflammatory, can help with blood clots, has been found to help with diabetes as it helps regulate blood sugar, can lower cholesterol, can help with lowering the rate of cancer cell growth amongst others

try it sprinkled on baked sweet potato
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    It makes for a good Fire Department prank. Youtube "Cinnamon Dragon." Weget the rookies with it. Haven't had anyone succeed yet.

I didn't take time to watch the video. is that about eating a teaspoon of cinamon? It is supposed to be impossible? I had a work buddy do it, but he said he had to work up a lot of saliva in his mouth before ingesting it to get it down. He spent the rest of our shift in the bathroom though.:laugh:
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

I didn't take time to watch the video. is that about eating a teaspoon of cinamon? It is supposed to be impossible? I had a work buddy do it, but he said he had to work up a lot of saliva in his mouth before ingesting it to get it down. He spent the rest of our shift in the bathroom though.:laugh:

Yeah. I haven't seen anyone able to do it yet. It gets your mouth and throat so dry that you end up coughing and it shoots our your nose. Hence "Cinnamon Dragon."
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    I put it in my oatmeal, in my shakes, in my yogurt, in my pancakes. I don't even care if it's good for me. I love it so much. Roasted Saigon cinnamon is yum.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    The good: This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Vitamin K and Iron, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Calcium and Manganese

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/spices-and-herbs/180/2#ixzz1M5NsSyQM
    :drinker:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It helps to control sugar cravings. I use it in vanilla protein shake with a dash of nutmeg to spice up the flavor a bit. I also have cinnamon capsules to help with glucose metabolism.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I wish I could clutch this tread to my chest when I go to sleep tonight. That's how awesome this is. Thanks for all the suggestions!!!
  • monkeyboy881
    monkeyboy881 Posts: 287
    Options
    glad you like it !!!!:happy: