periods and excercise

Options
just wondering if anyone had any tips for still getting adaquate excercise while having your period. mine is alway's heavy and i have the worst cramps ever. just wondering what others do while on there's or if you just wait it out or not?

Replies

• mandanroger08
    Options
    just wondering if anyone had any tips for still getting adaquate excercise while having your period. mine is alway's heavy and i have the worst cramps ever. just wondering what others do while on there's or if you just wait it out or not?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Mine is here and it is like a weapon of mass destruction this month.

I just did some light cardio and focused on weights for the past couple of days.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Mine is here and it is like a weapon of mass destruction this month.

I just did some light cardio and focused on weights for the past couple of days.

I am so glad to know I am not the only one suffering this month. :laugh:
    I will be honest, I haven't worked out at all since mine started....
    I know I am a whimp
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything that week, I am so fatigued and in so much pain :mad:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I had to skip Monday (the 1st day)
    Tuesday did the elliptical for 45 then did crunches, planks, etc for 30 minutes.
    Today I am going to pop some Midol and go to Spin class.

For me I just have to power through (aside from that first day).
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    Try just going for a walk, you still want to exercise while on your period.... I was once told that by exercising it helps reduce cramps, so that gives me enough motivation! Hope you're feeling okay!!:flowerforyou:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I never WANT to exercise on mine, but it really does help. Its getting started that's hard. Once I take a bike ride or long walk or whatever, my stomach feels better, I feel less like a bloated whale, I have more energy, and the endorphins help my cranky mood. :mad:
    > :happy:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    The only thing I skip is abs. I find that it makes me feel better to move around.
  • mandanroger08
    Options
    thanks to everyone i went for my walk it didn't help my cramps but i do feel better about excercising though.