Great Article on "Skinny-Fat"

Options

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    the runway model pic looks totally disgusting, being too thin is def not a gd look:smile:
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This is great!!!!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thanks for sharing. I used to be fat, then skinny fat, from all that cardio and not eating (and what I was eating was processed "light" nonfood). Now I strength train 3x/wk, eat a clean diet.....I look better now than 20 yrs ago!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    great article - thanks for posting!

dgfurman - when you do your strength training, typically how long do you spend each time on it?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Great article! Thanks for sharing.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting - I think I'm skinny fat, waahhh!! or just fat, idk.

but working on it!! :)
  • aimee0515
    aimee0515 Posts: 67
    Options
    Great article. It still amazes me when women are afraid to lift weights cuz they don't want to "get big". When I was training for my last show...I was leg pressing just under 500 pounds. I had a woman come up to me and say...aren't you afraid of getting big?? I asked her...do I look big to you (at the time I weighed 120 pounds and was around 16% body fat. The best thing we ALL can do for ourselves in ALL aspects of our lives is educate ourselves :) Thanks for sharing!!
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Love the butt pictures- illustrates it perfectly!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Love the article and LOVE CROSSFIT!! I look and feel SO MUCH BETTER than I did 5 pounds ago!! I was so skinny and didn't even realize it! Plus I never ate! Now I eat everything in site and look better and have more fun doing it!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    not a bad article. I'd link to that.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thanks for sharing. I used to be fat, then skinny fat, from all that cardio and not eating (and what I was eating was processed "light" nonfood). Now I strength train 3x/wk, eat a clean diet.....I look better now than 20 yrs ago!

Um ... I think maybe you and I are the same person! LOL ... you just described me :)
  • emyback68
    emyback68 Posts: 89
    Options
    I really like this article. I definitely have been "Skinny-Fat" most of my life. But I have added some strength training in past year. My question is how much time per week should I devote to strength training? Currently I am probably doing about 90 min - 2 hours per week. Is that enough?
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful article! Thanks for sharing!!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    great article! I want to be strong and toned, to hell with skinny! I've got a way to go still, but I'm getting there, slowly, and by reading articles like this, i remember that this is a *lifetime project*, not some silly "goal" that i am trying to get to :drinker:
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    love love love!!

this is why i get the crazy look when I say I don't want to be skinny...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Great article!! Thank you! :drinker:
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    I love this article!
  • mallobeeee
    mallobeeee Posts: 16
    Options
    Awesome article ! Thanks for posting. I've been skinny-fat my whole life..well since i've quit sports. And all my friends always say, "you're so skinny!" and i'm like "uh, actually i have a TON of fat on me and no muscle, that's why i can't push a glass door open. hahah thanks for the article.. I'm glad I do Cardio AND Strength Training every day :)
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yes - thank you awesome article........

Very hard for us middle aged gals to leave the starve and do all cardio mindset behind. It was what was "big" back when we were younger and impressionable. Many of us grew up watching our mothers starve (and smoke) and take diet pills.....We wanted to be Twiggy.

Being as thin as a clotheshanger seemed ideal.........Lots of mental homework to do I guess.

BUT, I LOVE this better information and am feeling more impowered to think beyond old ways and get this 'skinny fat' body to grow muscles.

Thanks again!
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    Love the article and LOVE CROSSFIT!! I look and feel SO MUCH BETTER than I did 5 pounds ago!! I was so skinny and didn't even realize it! Plus I never ate! Now I eat everything in site and look better and have more fun doing it!

I really want to try CrossFit! Do you only do the classes? What's the schedule like? Any information would be awesome!