HRM watches??

Options
Any good? I was looking to see what I could get for $40, and I see that timex has one that also comes with a chest strap. Are the watch styles reliable?? Is there a decent HRM for $40??

Replies

• LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    I am not sure, I know I bought one last year but that was before I understood what they were really suppose to do. I did order the timex one on Amazon last week, I figure it is worth giving it a try, for 40 bucks. I know the ones I see most people have are the polar
    brand...But I am not always sold on brand names.
    That is just me though.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump. Just got the Tixex watch yesterday and cusrious to see what responses you get.
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 that I bought for about £60 following advice from my MFPers. I would say that you need to check exactly what each model does - although mine is excellent for tracking calories and heart rate it does not have GPS and does not track distance, speed etc. If you don't want it to track distance then you could get a cheaper one - don't know if that helps!
  • laneyh42
    laneyh42 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex and I like it. The feature I like best is the ability to enter my target heart rate (based on age, etc) and then the watch beeps at me if I go above or below the heart rate range. I like to watch TV or listening to music while I ride the stationary bike and the beeping reminds me if I've slowed down too much.

I also found out that mowing our large, very slanted lawn is excellent cardio!

Elaine
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    Ok so I wanted to share. I got my timex with the chest band from Amazon this morning. It is easy to work and I am amazed at it...
    I am 300 lbs but it shows me how many calories I am burning as well as the heart rate. Very cool. So if you have not done it already. I say go for it. ( I am especially excited at how many calories I burned. Its awesome! )