1st Day....aaaahh!!!

Options
Ok, 1st day "journaling" my food intake & lowering my calories. Honestly, it was harder than I thought it would be to say no to that bag of chips I usually purchase w/a sandwich. I'm sure it will get easier & I'll be like Charlie Sheen screaming "WINNING" soon. I can only hope anyway.
:smile:

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    It gets easier and easier. After awhile, its second nature.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It gets easier and easier. After awhile, its second nature.

100% true- and at one point you will look at the bag of chips and think.... "Ick"
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The trick is breaking the "usually" part of that statement. Once you get out of the habit of buying the chips with your sandwich, you won't even think about it. I can't remember the last time I bought a bag of any kind of chips.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    One thing that helps me... if you really want it, have it and make it a part of your plan. If you let yourself have what you want you will be less likely to lose the weight and then go hog wild just to gain it all back. You don't need to never have chips again, just make sure that you really want them and build them into your daily food plan.
    IMO raising kids and losing weight are the hardest jobs! But they "pay" the most as well.
  • damorzacon
    damorzacon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with Jennplus2. If you want that bag of chips, just make adjustments to your daily intake and you'll be fine. I actually found that after awhile of eating better and tracking what I was eating, I didn't want the junk I used to eat. Just didn't want it and after I began seeing how it would affect my totals, it wasn't worth it.

Just keep at it and you'll make it!
  • LWilkowski
    LWilkowski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. That's really nice. Also some helpful tips.
  • maryucan
    maryucan Posts: 1
    Options
    hi i joined 2 weeks ago, it's hard but i'm getting there slowly but surely. i'm 2 pound down & pleased