Thighs

Options
froglegjack
froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
Ok being somewhat bored and curious I want to know what size thighs um should be? If I am aiming for a certain weight and all that I would also like perfect thighs. I have googled this. Some of you Ladies that are already at or close to your goal can you please answer this question for me? what size are thighs supposed to be? Then I know what I am aiming for :laugh: :wink:

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i think there could be a ton of different measurements here - i mean, you could go for twiggy or you could go for xena. i'll take xena's thighs in a heartbeat!
  • froglegjack
    Options
    Definitely not going for twiggy. I just read an article that said people with really skinny thighs had twice the risk for heart attacks!
    Well just wanted an average thigh. Why do they always look so big, especially if I am looking down on them like when I am sitting.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    It's not so much that skinny thighs have more risk, it's the overall shape. Those who put weight on around their middles, as opposed to their hips and thighs, have a higher risk for heart problems.

As for thigh size, that's also going to depend on a person's shape and predisposition for where they carry their weight. It's genetic, there's little we can do about it. I'm never going to have skinny thighs, and may not even get them to lose any inches while I'm trying to lose weight, because I always lose it there last.

At 5'3" and 130 pounds, my thighs are 22". Too big, in my opinion, but they are MY thighs and I have to live with them until they decide they are ready to be smaller. :)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    don't sweat the small stuff - you'll get there! you've come a good ways already - your thighs will be just like you want them in no time! i'd hit them hard with some squats and lunges - that will do some major toning!
  • froglegjack
    Options
    thanks for answering Like i said I am pretty bored and I really was wondering about what the average thigh size was for people in a normal weight range :) I'll get there eventually. LOL I need to quit googling things
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just want them to not jiggle. lol
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am a guy, so wont be much help to you, but, my thighs are very muscular (legs are in general, my fav part of me) and mine are close to 29" around!
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My thighs are the worst! I'm 5'7 and 133. Last I measured (about a week ago) they were 21" I'm definitely pear shape so most of my weight is in my butt and thighs. I wish we could pick and choose where we wanted the weight to come off. I have noticed that running is helping in slimming them down though. Some people wish for a flat tummy, I wish for skinny legs!
  • froglegjack
    Options
    wow 29 inches that is impressive. I just measured mine and in the right place this time :brokenheart: :huh: 25 inches I liked it better the other way I measured ...I know I want a nice pair of legs. My relatives always said I have stove pipe legs like auntie flossie! well that is not what I want! I guess I will have to be happy with them they still carry me around :tongue:
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    ugh... mine are 27, im so sick of being a thick girl :(