inner thighs

Options
I know we can't spot-reduce when it comes to losing fatty areas ... but does anybody have suggestions to help shrink my inner thighs? I run and do other cardio, but it's a spot that just won't budge.

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    I know we can't spot-reduce when it comes to losing fatty areas ... but does anybody have suggestions to help shrink my inner thighs? I run and do other cardio, but it's a spot that just won't budge.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm utilizing a thigh adductor at the gym. Basically, a machine with weights to make you squeeze your thighs together. Like a thigh master . :smile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    the only thing that has helped my inner thighs is Strength training! Like plie squats or using ankle weights and doing floor work! Stability ball squeezes really burn and help too ! I follow workout dvds at home.....
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Just fat loss. And more fat loss.

**** There is NO resistance exercise that will make you smaller. Your muscles will NEVER SHRINK from resistance training. They will either stay the same, or get bigger.*****

Inner/outer thigh machines, squats, lunges, plies....these will all increase the strength of your legs and, if done correctly, will cause some muscle growth, even if it's so little you barely notice it. So the only way to make an area smaller is to lose the fat that covers it.

The reason you shrink is the fat loss due to the caloric deficit. These are all wonderful exercises to perform because they work your largest muscles groups, which increases demand for metabolically active cells, but it is the caloric deficit that leads to the fat loss that leads to any area getting smaller. You simply have to keep working hard and that area will shrink, it just takes a looooong time because you're a female.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options

OMG I can sooooo relate!!!! HELP!!!!

Steph:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    some exercises to tone:
    (exercise ball and weights)
    Put the ball between your legs and use light weights in your arms, extend your arms out then bring arms in with legs squeezing, bring the exercise ball in towards chest and then back out. Uses those smaller muscles on the inside. 12-15
    (Body weight + free weight)
    Do wide squats holding on to a 20lb weight with your back straight, arms extended down holding to the top of the dumbell do wide squat pulses.. do about 12-15
    (Resistance band)
    Do side steps with resistence band - control the movement so you feel it on the inside and outside 15-20

Do that as a circuit 3 X for extra cardio burn.