Having an Eating Plan.

Options
When you plan out your meals, how do you have it sorted out? Do you have a set number of grains, fruits, veggies, etc included or just throw in something and count the calories?

Replies

• MindyC7609
    MindyC7609 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a dinner-only meal plan that I do every 2 weeks. Each meal is almost always some lean meat plus fresh or frozen veggies, and that's pretty much it. Then I worry about the calorie count, making sure I measure things to get portions right. For breakfast, I either do a lower-calorie cereal (i.e. Cheerios, Grain Berry cinnamon Os) or oatmeal plus Egg Beaters or hard-boiled egg whites. Lunch is always leftovers from dinner plus whatever veggies I have on hand (and I ALWAYS have extra frozen veggies around, for this reason). Pre-workout/afternoon snack is usually an apple. I try to have a protein source at every full meal, but I really don't work too hard on the planning part...
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a protein with every meal and snack--3-5 oz fish or chicken with lunch and dinner. String cheese and protein bars (under 200 calories) for snacks. Breakfast is a protein shake blended with frozen fruit. I also try to eat a big serving of veggies (technically 2 or 3 official servings) with lunch and dinner. I do keep it within a calorie limit so, if there isn't room for a starch, that is often the first to go. And it is almost always a whole grain--brown rice, ww pasta. I occasionally partake in white flour products but not often. Oh, and I have a sugar free pudding or fat free/sugar free frozen yogurt or sugar free angel food cake for dessert.