Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Yikes! My friend might be in labor!

TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I am talking to my friend on MSN Messenger. She is at work and very pregnant (due in Sept)....and she is telling me she is having pains....in her back too........and doesn't know what to do. I haven't experienced going into labor because I had a c-section, so I can't tell her exactly how that feels! I mean, I did feel labor being induced before the c-section and I know I felt it in my back!

But I was looking it all up and had her time them and try walking around to see if it helps....and she said it's been 5 minutes since the pain got SUPER bad. It's always there but gets REALLY bad at times. I told her to call her midwife!

Any other info???????

Replies

• TamTastic
    I am talking to my friend on MSN Messenger. She is at work and very pregnant (due in Sept)....and she is telling me she is having pains....in her back too........and doesn't know what to do. I haven't experienced going into labor because I had a c-section, so I can't tell her exactly how that feels! I mean, I did feel labor being induced before the c-section and I know I felt it in my back!

But I was looking it all up and had her time them and try walking around to see if it helps....and she said it's been 5 minutes since the pain got SUPER bad. It's always there but gets REALLY bad at times. I told her to call her midwife!

Any other info???????
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Labour or not I would get it checked out!! she should time them to see how often they occur because while in labour they tend to happen say every 10mins, 5 mins, 2 mins etc. Some women get labour pains in the back, others in the front.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Does she have any co workers around her? I would have them moniter her. She could be having those braxton hicks (false labor) but she might want to get on the phone with her doctors office just in case!! Especially if this is her first baby!!!

Good luck

Memaw
  • TamTastic
    She is waiting for her midwife to call back. I told her its better to check it out.

It eases up a little and then gets bad again, like every 3-5 minutes.

And in her words "I feel pukey"

Getting up to walk around made it worse.

I had braxton hicks a little I think but it was more of a tightening the last couple of weeks....but didn't hurt really....except for being uncomfortable because of the tightening.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    yeah.. when I was in labour with my second it was about that often... so I thought I would walk to help it along.. and then it got worse!! I was starting to have her! hahaha She should just sit back and take it easy until her midwife gets to her
  • TamTastic
    How long do Braxton-Hicks usually last?
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member

They're usually more transient...and from my dim memories not painful. Just the belly turns into a well inflated basketball as the muscles practice tightening....
    This doesn't sound like that!!!

Waiting for the midwife sounds like plan#1!!!!

Hope all goes well!
    Ez
  • TamTastic

They're usually more transient...and from my dim memories not painful. Just the belly turns into a well inflated basketball as the muscles practice tightening....
    This doesn't sound like that!!!

Waiting for the midwife sounds like plan#1!!!!

Hope all goes well!
    Ez
    Yeah, my braxton-hicks felt that way too. Like Violet from Willy Wonka!! HAHA!! Like my stomach was going to pop!

She just spoke to the midwife. She said if it gets stronger and closer together to come in.
  • Tell her to lie down on her left side, for some odd reason if it is false labor the contractions will go away. If it is real labor they will continue no matter which side she is laying on. I know this was true for me all 3 times I was pregnant and it was my doctor who told me this, so I'm pretty certain there is some validity to it. :smile:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    yikes! sounds like labor to me! She oughtta time them and if they get bad she will KNOW she's in labor..lol it took me about 6 hrs to be sure I was in labor and then it was like "Take me to the hospital NOW!" lol Wish her luck!
This discussion has been closed.