EA Sports Active 2

Options
jenbusick
jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
I bought EA Sports Active 2 to use with my Wii, and it came with a HRM (that only works with the program) and a motion sensor to wear on my leg. My daughter and I both did the 3-week cardio kickstart, and liked it, but I went to start the 9-week program, and my motion sensor seems to have gone kaput.

I put fresh batteries in it, but it just doesn't seem to communicate with the Wii consistently. I can get it to recognize the motion sensor, but then the moment I move, it loses the connection.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Can I try something to correct the problem or do I just need a new motion sensor? Any advice?

TIA,

Jen

Replies

• muchadoaboutme2
    Options
    Hey! I have the EA SA2 for Kinect, and have had similar issues with the HR monitor. Sometimes it loses me completely, other times when I'm huffing and puffing, it says my HR is a calm 75. I have spoken to EA and they said they're working on a resolution, but I find if you turn it off and turn it back on while paused, it tends to find you again. I also don't wear it the way the game says to. I place the green light in the bend of my elbow where my veins are closest to the skin. This cut back on the issue a LOT. The biggest issues I have with the game is sometimes while I'm mountain biking, it doesn't see my legs running, just my arms moving so my times are all off. Also (especially doing squats) it doesn't register me squatting. On the upside, I end up doing 10-15 more squats than I'm supposed to while trying to fix it! LOL Maybe the game is pushing me on purpose! Anyway, 4 weeks in, I've lost 6 lbs and 4 inches. Only 86 more to go! :)
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually did a hard reset on mine -- pulled the USB drive out, turned the whole thing off, started from scratch -- and that seemed to take care of the problem. Like you, I find that it doesn't like to register squats or running accurately, and if I wear the HRM differently I get more accurate readings. Glad to hear they're working on it!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I have it for the PS3 and have never had any problems with it at all,I hope you get it figured out.
  • mckannaworms1987
    mckannaworms1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also am having a similar problem with both the heart rate monitor and the motion sensor. Neither will sync to my Wii. Any suggestions on what to do?
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I haven't done this in awhile so reading this is my push to get back to it. But-I would just wear my regular HRM because I found it
    1. more accurate
    2. It didn't fall off or lose connection

Good luck!