weight loss, but not inches

Options
I have lost 14 pounds with the help of MFP and cardio exercises. I haven't, however, lost a single inch in my waist, arms, chest, or legs. This seems almost weird to me....?? Am I doing something wrong? Is cardio enough, or should I be lifting weights too?
A friend tells me it will start to come off soon.... but this is a bit discouraging! Any help??

Replies

• aladd2
    aladd2 Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm having this same problem! Are your clothes fitting any looser? I've lost 20 pounds but almost no inches, but my clothes are feeling a little better on me (though I still haven't went down a size). It is discouraging, though. I agree :(
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Cardio is never enough. You need to add strength and resistance training to lose inches. I was actually the opposite in April - I lost inches but no weight! I have done Jillian Michaels 30-day shred, ripped in 30, shredding it w/ weights, and insanity and had great results as far as inches.
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    Me too, hang in there those inches have to come off sometime! :) And your welcome to add me if you like
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 27 and I'm in the same jeans I was in when I started in Jan. Its frustrating.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    one thing to look at is your carb intake?? many times even if you are eating the right amount of calories and losing weight, the inches don't coem off if it is still a carb heavy diet?? Also, add the weights in...the more weight you have in muscle, the more calories you burn in general....Most carbs turn to fat quickly, except the low glycemic ones...so that is usually a cause of the lack of inches....and without adding weight training you actually could be losing muscle mass which is never good....

Hope this helps :)