MFP improves marriages! who knew? lol

Options
blue3628
blue3628 Posts: 22 Member
I know it sounds a little silly, but is an NSV for me. I've spent the last 7 years with the man of my dreams. However, he's a lil piggy when it comes to the house. I've always had to clean when he is at work because when he's home, I get upset that I'm the one doing all the cleaning while he gets to relax (yes, I know...you're right,... I"ve made my bed; my southern upbringing has turned on me after all... lol). None the less, the Nsv is that I don't feel that way anymore! And I just realized that today! I was too close on my calories for my comfort, so I went on a mad cleaning spree at the house to gain some more from exercise. (Baby was sick so couldn't go to the gym or on a jog). Turns out, by the end of it, I was rather grateful for my messy husband!! LOL Burned a ton of calories cleaning today :-) woohoo!!!! Couldn't be more excited about cleaning my house. Will trade house cleaning for calories any day. :happy:

Replies

• vabheegaard
    vabheegaard Posts: 61
    Options
    :) I love it!!! I can relate!
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    lol that is awesome. That is a great way looking at things.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    thats great. I am soon to be married next month!
  • kriswigg
    kriswigg Posts: 95
    Options
    Hey, always look for the silver lining. I had one of those moments today, too. My husband always tells me he thinks I look great, no matter what I weigh. Nice, but I know I can be better. So today he told me he was proud of me for sticking with this and he can tell that it is really paying off. That made me feel so great! I love that he always thinks I look good, but that he is proud of me really gives me a boost, ya know?
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Please help your wife clean up! Pick something you can do and do it without having to be asked means you have the responsability for it, not doing her a favor! She better appreciate it!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, that's awesome! Love it!
  • blue3628
    Options

congrats!!!!! give her a foot rub if you can. i remember my wedding, never felt so much stress as the last month! whew! so glad it went okay. you hang in there! if wifey to be isn't her usual peachy self, dont worry...the honeymoon will make it all better! (for both of you! :tongue: ) thank you for the support!!! :happy:
  • Edivel
    Edivel Posts: 11
    Options
    Totally can relate to this..Now I wish I could make time to clean my House!! :embarassed:
  • blue3628
    Options
    Hey, always look for the silver lining. I had one of those moments today, too. My husband always tells me he thinks I look great, no matter what I weigh. Nice, but I know I can be better. So today he told me he was proud of me for sticking with this and he can tell that it is really paying off. That made me feel so great! I love that he always thinks I look good, but that he is proud of me really gives me a boost, ya know?

that's awesome!!!! so happy for you! like you, my D.H. also has always been supportive and tells me i'm beautiful (despite being 40lbs over what he met me as)......... yay !!!! when Hubby notices, you know you've aleady achieved something BIG!!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!