How often do you weigh/measure yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I weight myself once a week, the same day, around the same time (within the same hour) and I do this to make myself accountable for the week. If I gain then I work harder the coming week and look at my food intake and what I can change.
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    I weigh myself every other morning after I'm awake and empty my bladder.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    every morning! like many of the other posters it just reminds me why I'm doing this and keeps me on track.. But I only "count" my weigh in on Tuesday mornings... it can be tempting when Monday is a great number to use it, but I refuse to log it unless it happens on Tuesday!
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I tend to take a peek at the scale every morning but I don't consider it an "official" weigh-in until I hit the scale on Friday mornings.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself everyday since I officially decided I'm in maintenance mode. Plus, now that I have a scale at home and don't rely on the one at the gym -- I've learned a lot about how my weight fluctuates each day. I'm heavier in the morning than I am at night. I can gain/lose 5lbs through the day. As long as I'm in the 148-153lbs range -- I'm happy.

I measured myself last night for the first time in a year. I need to do that more often too. Now that I have a new place to start, I'm going to try and do it once a month or every 6 weeks.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh pretty much every morning first thing and then at night before bed to see how much I fluctuate. Before mfp I would fluctuate up to 6 lbs in a day but since starting this journey I only fluctuate 1-2 lbs in a day. I like to keep an eye on my daily progress and make adjustments as needed. I only record my weight once a week though and that is normally on Fridays.
  • Ceylon_Sapphire
    Options
    I weigh daily - first thing in the mornings; but put my weight in when it looks good. Measuring I have only done once a week.
  • berchen82
    berchen82 Posts: 59
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, that helps me to see, if I'm doing right with my eating and excercises.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Wow, more people weigh daily than I thought. I weigh daily when I can, always first thing in the morning. I either take my measurements every week or every other week; it just kind of depends. I just find it a little depressing if I gain any weight...although I do know that when you weigh every day that's pretty much inevitable... :frown: