I'm sure I have a six pack...

Options
frats
frats Posts: 96 Member
but it is conviently protected by a few layers of fat! I don't know of I am ever going to lose my 'baby fat'. I have only been working at losing weight since January and have lost 15 lbs so far. I am thrilled about my progress so far, but i don't feel like my belly is getting any smaller. I have been doing the Biggest Loser Wii game and I just started the 30 Day Shred. I also do at least 20 minutes on the elliptical most days.

In reality, I am a 40 yerar old woman with small 2 children who has never worked out like this before. I KNOW I will probably never have a 6 pack. I also know that this is the hardest place to lose weight, but what else can I do to lose the belly fat?

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot-reduce fat. But keep doing what you are doing, and keep burning the fat off, and it will eventually show the muscle underneath. Until then, keep doing ab exercises so those abs look better when the fat is gone :)
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Your diet is most important, it's 80% of your results. Be consistent with clean eating, do your strength training and cardio and you will see it go down.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Cardio... and more cardio... and again, more cardio. Sorry, but that's the only thing that's making my belly shrink! It's not gone yet, but it's smaller and that is saying something!!!

Good luck! Just keep at it. You'll see some inches drop very soon!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Cardio... and more cardio... and again, more cardio. Sorry, but that's the only thing that's making my belly shrink! It's not gone yet, but it's smaller and that is saying something!!!

Good luck! Just keep at it. You'll see some inches drop very soon!

Exactly what I was going to say!!! CARDIO works miracles. And mine isn't gone yet but it is shrinking. Hang in there and be tough!!!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    When I do crunches my tummy looks like mom's meatloaf. That can't be good.

Keep going!
  • thestarsweare
    thestarsweare Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would say just be patient - fat comes off the places it wants to come off first. I have heard that the most recent fat comes off first and the oldest fat is the last to go.
    I know for me, over the years I have seen obvious changes in my arms and legs that corresponded with my level of fitness, but I never ever saw a change in my belly until I kept up my exercise regimen for more than a few months at a time.
    Keep it up, you will see that six pack if you are persistent!!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    hard work & cardio.
  • frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the quick responses. I was kind of hoping that someone would tell me about a magic pill, instead of working out and eating well, no such luck, eh?

There is so much motivation on this site, I love that I have it to go to when I need advice! Thanks!