Maintain Weight

Options
danger2011
danger2011 Posts: 12 Member
Hi!

I am finally at my goal weight of 125 pounds!! I delievered my baby at 179, almost 2 years ago. I was pretty steady at 142....but now 17 pounds are off and I feel FANTASTIC!!!!!
My worry is switching to maintain....it seems like a whole lot more calories then I am used too and am worried I am going to start packing back on the pounds.

Any maintainers out there that can let me know I will be safe?

Cheers,

Danger2011

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight is the same as mine. Once I get there, my plan is to eat how many calories I'm told and see how it goes. If I start putting the weight back on, I'll adjust. Congrats and good luck!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    continue along the path that has gotten you this far. try different exercises/routines. mix your food up!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you wont.
    you MAY gain a few back..but take it from me..i've been eating at like 200 above my maintenance and in 4 months i've only gained 2 lbs. but..i'm lifting and trying to gain muscle..so i hope thats where the lbs come from..and not fat..hehe
  • danger2011
    danger2011 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I have been mixing up exercise.

You are right! Use the same route that got me here!

Cheers!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I am switching to maintain in the next two weeks if all goes according to plan (I am technically .8 away from my "goal range" but I want to go to the bottom of my range before I maintain so I'll have a better margin for error) and maintaining is something Im a little nervous about too.
    I'd say keep eating well /the same as you do now and introduce a few healthy extras to your diet to fill the calorie gap.
    Try addiing things like nuts or avocado to your salads and a spoonful of peanut butter to your oatmeal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!