Hoolahooping

Options
Does anyone "hoop" here? My daughter and granddaughters do. As a matter of fact my youngest granddaughter is doing it in a talent show soon (she did one last year too) only this time she's going to do it with a lit up hoop.

Replies

• Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Im a hooper :) I did a 6 week course a few years ago at a burlesque school to get me started and have learned the rest just by googling "how to hula hoop".
    Its a brilliant work out and I dont think it is actually possible to not be happy when you are doing it.
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I have a few but haven't had time to learn any tricks yet. I love watching hoop videos... now that my youngest is a little older I should try again.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I hula hoop! I got a weighted one right after Christmas and did it on my own and now, just last week, they started a weekly class at my gym! You can burn about 600-700 calories an hour.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I hula hoop! I got a weighted one right after Christmas and did it on my own and now, just last week, they started a weekly class at my gym! You can burn about 600-700 calories an hour.

Yes the weighted ones are what I was talking about. Great workout! and the weighted ones are much easier to hoop with. Here where I live there's a lighthouse with a grassy area where people of all ages gather to hoop, fire dance, and whatever their hearts desire. Love this place I live in! I might try to do it after I get my cardio doctor's ok.
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Love hula hooping! The place I used to do zumba at did a hoopnotica class and it was so much fun that I bought a hoop for my daughter and a weighted one for myself! Try it-you'll love it!:bigsmile: