Changing room

maserati185
maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
Went to buy some shorts for my first 5k coming up and picked up all LARGEs to try on. In the changing room, I started trying them on and realized they didn't fit. I had to go back... and get... MEDIUMs. And I started out a size 16 in January. Can you believe that?! :)

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Ok I am admittedly a little jealous....I started in January too, but I am not ready for mediums! That said...GREAT JOB!
  • blue3628
    blue3628 Posts: 22 Member
    omg!!! so wish i were in medium!!!! go get em! so happy for you!!! :happy:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Complete awesomeness.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Yup! One year ago I started running... wearing a large short and XL shirt... now I'm in small shorts and medium shirts!!! Fantastic feeling...

SO happy for you! And good luck on the 5k! I love doing races... I don't win, I just love the whole feeling of running with so many people and being a healthy person for the first time in my life!!!
  • runjill
    runjill Posts: 14 Member
    Congrats. That is a wonderful feeling isn't it. I remember when I started running for the first time in my life and realized I really did need to buy smaller sizes and not the big baggy stuff anymore. I can't wait for that day to come again after the last few years of not being able to run and putting on weight. Good luck to you in your 5K and remember that no matter where you finish its further ahead then you were in January:)
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    I bet htat's a great feeling. Congratulations!!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Awesome!!!
  • grapevines
    grapevines Posts: 4 Member
    Yea! So proud of you!!
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    That's awesome!! I tried on a running shirt a couple of weeks ago -- I picked one up and they looked small so I grabbed a XL -- I tried it on and it fit then I realized it was a Girl's (not a Women's) shirt... LOVE IT!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Congratulations!

Girl, how were you keeping those Larges ON while you were running? We're almost the same stats, so I know they were HUGE on you! Guess they had a drawstring you could tighten up or you'd have been running butt-nekkid!!
    :noway: :laugh:

Enjoy your new shorts! :flowerforyou:
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    WOOT!!! Awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!