Which at home exercise DVD gave you the best results?

Options
There are so many videos to choose from that I have become really curious about which video gave YOU the best results and what your goal was at the time -was it weight loss, toning, or muscle building?

I'm sure alot of people would love to learn about your own personal experience with your collection of DVDs. I know that you get out of it what you put into it... But some DVD's are just more fun than others and more engaging -so they keep us coming back for more.

Sincerely,

Eagerly Waiting..

Replies

• pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    Bump!
  • weallhaveastory
    Options
    bump
  • Fergieberg
    Fergieberg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    another bump :)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Many people have claimed to have great results from Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I don't know because I didn't like the workout. I have been doing Turbo Fire and it is amazing. It works every part of your body!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    "Insanity" by Team Beach Body . . . .toning. But that was also the one I did the most consistently. I also have "Turbo Fire" and when I did it for 3 weeks straight I was starting to see changes but then I tapered off. My husband did "Insanity" with me so it kept me motivated. He wasn't a fan of "Turbo Fire" as he didn't feel coordinated enough to keep up.

I hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jillian Michael's fanatic! In order of my favorites:

1. 30 Day Shred - Because there's no excuse not to do it
    2. No More Trouble Zones - When i want a really intense all out toning workout
    3. Burn Fat Boost Metabolism - Just for a great kick in the butt for cardio! I am always dripping in sweat at the end of this one!
    4. Ripped in 30 - Have only done 2 of the four workouts.. similiar to 30 day shred but WAY harder! JM says its her hardest DVD yet!
    5. Six Week Six Pack - Don't feel like I get as much out of it as the others but its good to change it up. There are two workouts in this dvd.
    6. Shred it With Weights - JM tried to do a kettle bell workout. I've only done this one once and I was beyond sore the next day. I then found out that a LOT of people were upset with her for this dvd saying she didn't know what she was talking about and was actually doing more harm than good. So I haven't done it since, but I probably will do it again eventually but I want to learn kettle bell from another source prior to then :-)

I also just posted my Before and After's... I really didn't have a specific order of doing the videos, I just try to get in at least 3-4 work outs a week and at only 25 - 45 minutes each, that's not asking much!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237286-before-and-afters-163-lbs-down-to-134-lbs
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I have transformed my body with insanity! LOVE LOVE LOVE It
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred!!!
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A good combination of cardio and muscle build/toning is P90X.....you love it but hate it! If you are interested in more cardio and more girly stuff ( least in my husband's opinion) Turbo Fire does both also. We've been doing both for about a year and enjoy picking our classes together! He likes the muscle building ones and I like the cardio....we usually alternate for 5-6 days and take 1 or 2 off for recovery! If you go to Beachbody.com you can read about all of the different options they offer to see if one meets your needs! Good Luck...
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Oh and I would consider JM videos more toning than anything.... loveeee circuit training!
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    Dear Shandke:

I know all about Beachbody. I'm curious to know what you and other MFP members think of their own -personal DVD collection and, of their collection, which videos gave them the best results. Thanks though. :-)
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    Okay, I know it is early still, but as I said -I am eager to know. I counted the results and thus far, it seems that most people lean towards JM's programs. I didn't expect that. We'll check back on Wednesday...
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is very affordable. Her dvd's are a fraction of what Beach Body workout programs cost. I think that's probably why there's so many more people who do her workouts, and not because her workouts are better or more effective.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My collection faves:
    30 day shred= its my fave for working all my body and making me sweat in little time.
    6wk6pk=30 min abs with cardio, dont use it much
    But its good.
    Denise austin legs and butt=lifted my booty
    Jackie warner dvds=just so awesome for toning
    I hated ripped!!
    Will try supreme 90 soon.....

I dont do beachbody stuff bcuz I have not seen a real and good transformation anywhere. Pure lies to sell. Power to ya if it makes u do something though...
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS and it introduced me to circuit training. I didn't lose a lot of weight, but lost a lot of inches from around my body. I think I got used to the intensity of the workout quite quickly and could soon incorporate other cardio workouts with it. I did it 6 days a week.

The best results I'm having are with more JM workouts: I'm currently rotating Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones and 6 Week 6 Pack, doing each one twice a week. I've been doing that for 3 weeks and have already lost 2.5lb (more than I lost on the shred) and am still toning and losing inches. That said, I sometimes find them a struggle to fit in (the 1st two are nearly an hour long, 6pack is nearly 40 min and I like to do 20 min zumba after that one), I had a motivational struggle with them last week, but am faring better this week!

I'm in the UK and at the moment Ripped in 30 isn't available in a UK format, but I'd like to try it at some point.

I like the price of the JM DVDs, I have been interested in some of the others mentioned on here, but they seem too pricey for me at the moment!
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Kendra Wilkinson Be A Knockout
    And...
    30 Day Shred.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is very affordable. Her dvd's are a fraction of what Beach Body workout programs cost. I think that's probably why there's so many more people who do her workouts, and not because her workouts are better or more effective.

They're cheap, but the main reason is bc 30DS has shed a lot of inches off my body! Awesome workouts.
    It's a hard workout, but if you can do it for 30 minutes, it IS a very effective workout.
  • katerinab
    katerinab Posts: 107
    Options
    I suppose the results will vary due to what each individual's body can handle. My joints are so bad that I can't handle a lot of stuff. I do the best with Leslie Sansone's walking videos. I can't even get past 10 minutes into the 30 Day Shred because the squats kill my legs and knees, though for some reason even though Kettlebell workouts include lots of squats and stuff, I can handle that. Anything higher impact than that stuff and I crap out really fast, and when you crap out, you don't get results, so my best results come from the ones I can stick with.
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    I like the 30 Day Shred because its only 20 minutes long and really blasts inches off the body. There is also a lot of room for progression so you can do it over and over and still make it more challenging. Who cant fit 20 minutes into their day?? I also have a Biggest Loser Wii game which really works you and has lots of different pre-set routines of varying length and intensity so again- no excuse!!! Good luck x