30 Day Shred Questions

Options
I have been doing the 30 Day Shred off and on for a good three months. Most days I would do the workout every other day with a different workout in between and moving up when I felt ready. There's been weeks where I only exercised a couple of times, but I have progressed to Level 3. I'm interested in doing it from the beginning for 30 days after seeing some of the posts on MFP, but wondering how I should go about it. Do I start over and do each level for 10 days each or start at level one and make it more difficult by adding weights into the cardio, etc.? I'd really like to get on board with one of the groups to keep my motivation up, but unsure how to go about it. Any thoughts?

Replies

• brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Do each level for 10 days. She'll add weights to make it more difficult.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Jillian recommend working out 5-6 times a week. You need time off to rest or your muscles won't have time to heal and build. Make sure your getting enough protein after your workouts. You should workout 5-6 times a week starting at level 1 do each move to your level (beginner, intermediate or advanced). Each individual exercise you will probably be at a different level depending on your strengths and weakness.

Also if you do the same exercise all the time for 6 weeks your body starts to plateau. Every 6 weeks you should be changing it up so that your body is challenged. I recommend Ripped in 30 Jillian new workout video which is 4 weeks and doesn't repeat a move at all from week to week. I like to rotate JM videos so that I can keep it fresh and interesting and I have gotten a lot of results. I have been working out to JM for 2 years and I just recently had a baby and am on my way back to my fit body from before. Good luck.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I found it hard to do the shred every day plus my other workouts. I do it 5 days a week. Then on two of the days I do double workouts. Level 1 and 2 on the same day. I am already noticing a difference in my stomach, which is my worst area.