Job interview tomorrow and having bad thoughts

Options
Ok so I have a job interview tomorrow and I HATE JOB INTERVIEWS!!!! My first thought after I scheduled it was what can I reward myself with afterwards... And my old self would go to some resteraunt and stuff myself to calm my nerves afterwards.. I have got to change my old ways.. I have always been a comfort food eater.. I turn to food to calm my nerves, make me happy when Im sad, give me companionship when Im lonely etc etc... So I need to find another way to reward myself after my stressful interview in the morning.... Any suggestions??

Replies

• tludare
    tludare Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What about getting yourself a nice journal or book, or maybe a pretty bracelet or necklace or find some nice relaxing place like a park and just take in the scenery :) Good luck!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk somewhere pretty. Local pond, lake, botanical garden, etc. ;).

And good luck!
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You could always reward yourself with a manicure or pedicure. Works for a lot of women. I know it would work for me. Good luck on the interview. You can do this.
  • manny_bee
    manny_bee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    take the money you were going to spend on a big lunch, and go get a manicure. or a pedicure. it's all about pampering yourself. or splurge on some yummy smelling stuff at bed bath and beyond.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I think you need to go shopping for the nice pretty new outfit you are going to wear on your first day of work. :wink:
  • CMillikan08
    CMillikan08 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    well the best stress reliever for me after trying to quit the comfort eating is a workout that exhausts me. something that gets ur heart rate up and gets u sweating! something that afterward u feel super tired but very accomplished Good luck with your interview im sure u ll be great!!
  • wills2be
    wills2be Posts: 26
    Options
    Just think about how great your going to look reaching your goal weight, this will keep you motivated. During the interview look forward to a mani or pedi or another beauty treatment. Good luck!
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym, workout.
    If you don't go to the gym, go check one out.
    Take a long walk
    Go some place you've always wanted to go to, other than a restaurant.
    Do something you've never done before.
    Go get a manicure, go get a massage.
    Call your Mother, Father.

You know what you don't need to do.
    What ever you do DON'T EAT or you lose!
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    As others have said, reward yourself with something that builds your self-esteem up and not something that tears it down. If you have a hobby, buy something for it. If you enjoy getting pretty, have a mani/pedi or buy something beauty related. Whatever you end up doing, make sure you're buying it to better yourself. :)
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I say replace a bad habit with a good one. Maybe go out and by yourself a new workout video if your into that sort of thing. Or reward yourself with a day at the salon getting your hair done or nails.

Good luck !
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you have time before your interview (I have one tomorrow as well), see if you can get in a workout...I find that in addition to relieving stress, it helps clear my mind. After your interview, treat yourself to a coffee (plenty of skinny options at Starbucks) and buy a book/magazine to enjoy while you sip. You could also go buy yourself a new summer accessory (floppy beach hat, flip flops or purse) to get ready for the warmer months ahead.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    First of all, get a good night's sleep. Being well rested will put you more in control of your emotions, and therefore, likely to be less nervous.

Then tomorrow, practice rehearsing what you'll say in the interview. I'd include your weight loss successes if the question comes up about your strengths--every pound lost is a success, every goal met something to celebrate. Trust me, your motivation and forthrightness will be seen as a positive attribute by your interviewer. It will make you seem more approachable.

If you are looking to reward yourself after the interview, I'd recommend that you reward yourself with some new music, whether it's to calm you down, or pump you up for your next workout. I've never been the mani/pedi type, but I'm always up for some new tunes.

You can do this tomorrow! Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for all the great suggestions!! The interview went great!! And even better I did not reward myself with food!!! I have been through a really rough few years got a divorce from the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, Lost two nieces in seperate car accidents and I could go on and on but I am thinking things are finally going to turn around for me.. This job if I get it will take a huge financial burden off me and being a single parent you can't make enough money these days.. Also I am determined to get my health back through loosing all this weight I have gained by being a stress eater. I am loving this site and you guys are such an inspiration and a help to me thank you soooooo very much!!:love:
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it went well and you weren't tempted by food rewards! :)