Ripped in 30- Week 1- No. of mins. logged

Options
Hello!

I started with Week 1 yesterday. Part 1 runs for a total of 34 mins, excluding the 3 mins intro. I think the warm up is around 3 mins, cool down is about 5 mins and the rest is the actual circuit training. How many minutes do you log? I don't have an HRM and I use the MFP calculator to log my calories burned. I used to log 25 mins. for 30 Day Shred. So far, I have used 25 mins. But I really feel like I am working out for longer. Plus, I am sweating like CRAZY. I think I am sweating more than what I used to in Level 3 - 30 Day Shred- not sure if this is just because I am not used to exercising using Ripped in 30.

Anyway, how many minutes do you log? Also, for those of you who use an HRM, can you please share the number of calories that you burn? I am about 5'1.5" and weight 152 lbs. Thanks!

Replies

• Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    Thats a good question! Im hoping soon after I finish 30 day shred to start ripped in 30. How do you like it so far?
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just completed the Ripped in 30 video last week and have also complete The 30 day Shred previously. Ripped in 30 is a much harder workout I think but you become stronger along the way and it's great. The actual workout portion of Ripped in 30 is only 24 mintues long. I don't know about HR or calories burned but I just put it in my exercise journal as general circuit training.
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    Thats a good question! Im hoping soon after I finish 30 day shred to start ripped in 30. How do you like it so far?

i love it for the way it makes me sweat! It's insanely hard though. I dread working out everyday now :ohwell: :sad: I still hate the cardio section, even though Week 1 has no jumping jacks.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I usually log the whole 34 minutes. Your getting your heart rate up during the warm up which makes you burn calories, and the cool down at least for me my heart rate is usually still high during that, so I log the whole thing. I to did the 30 day Shred before doing Ripped I'm on week 1 day 7, so nervous about starting week 2 tomorrow:s I agree Ripped is more challenging, so I'm glad I did the Shred before I think that helped me get in shape for Ripped. I love the fact it doesn't have jumping jacks in week one but to me the running man move is almost as bad lol. Good luck with it!!
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! My heart rate remains up so much more during Ripped in 30 for sure. I think I'll log 27 mins in the future= 24 mins actual workout + 3 mins warmup. The warmup for RI30 is so much more difficult. Why do I continue sweating during the cool down period even though all that I'm doing is stretching? Does that mean I am still burning calories by stretching?
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    I usually log the whole 34 minutes. Your getting your heart rate up during the warm up which makes you burn calories, and the cool down at least for me my heart rate is usually still high during that, so I log the whole thing. I to did the 30 day Shred before doing Ripped I'm on week 1 day 7, so nervous about starting week 2 tomorrow:s I agree Ripped is more challenging, so I'm glad I did the Shred before I think that helped me get in shape for Ripped. I love the fact it doesn't have jumping jacks in week one but to me the running man move is almost as bad lol. Good luck with it!!

Oh I hate running man as well! And even that football drill thing that she makes us do in Circuit one :noway: One minute into the cardio, I can hardly move my legs...forget about actually doing it fast! I can totally understand how you feel about Week 2. I was thinking the exact same thing today, even though I've only done 2 days of W1 so far. How many days are you spending on each Week? Since we're supposed to do it for a total of 30 days, I was thinking of doing each week for 7 days for a total of 28 days and then randomly choosing some or the other week for the last 2 days.
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Bump... considering this workout next.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am doing each week for seven days as well, I've just been slacking alittle keeping them continuous days in a row, but this past week has been better. I did my last day of week one tonight and watched week two and did a few of the moves it looks pretty scary but I know it'll give awesome results. Just from last monday to this monday I had lost 3 pounds and 1.25 inches, so its well worth the suffering if the workouts.
    I'd also say if you are still sweating through the cool down, you are still burning some calories I usually burn between 25-50 during that time alone. From what I've seen from others who are doing it my burn is alot more most the time and I'm not sure why because I usually burn near or over 500 calories during the 34ish minutes. I'd say just log what you feel most comfortable with.
    Good luck with the rest of the dvd, feel free to add me, I know I can always use the extra support:)
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    shalynna, That is SO awesome! Losing 3 lbs in a week is seriously very inspiring for me right now. I took starting measurements yesterday. Will measure again at the end of week 1. My scale hasn't moved much in the past 1 month and I'm hoping this workout will make it move. I am sweating buckets and I'm loving it. I took your advice regarding cool down and I'm logging it as "stretching". Logging the warm up as "aerobics, low impact". So this ups my calories a bit and measures up to my actual exertion much better! :smile:
  • justineismoney
    justineismoney Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've read online that week 1 of Ripped in 30 burns around 185 cals. I currently weigh 122.3 (at least I did last Monday) and I've calculated I burn about 185 including the warm up and cool down. My heart rate averages in the fat burning zone. I am also quite active, but I agree with everyone who says this workout feels the burn. When I'm not using my heart rate monitor I plug in 27 minutes under "circuit training, general" and it seems to calculate the right amount of calories burned.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I have a garmin, with a heart rate monitor, but it's built for running, cycling and such... I may try using it to see what it says for calories. I'll let you know how it does!